Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 01-08-2020, 03:15 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
So I need to remove the old camber kit, as it was frozen in place. The only way I got the camber to set was to shim the spring before.
Took some doing, but got it out, and the new one in. My front end man gave me this one, said I dont need the adjustable one. We'll see.
Camber will kick the tire out at the top with this kit

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by dustybumpers; 01-08-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2020, 03:18 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Next step, squeeze out the ball joints, and back in. Then put back on the truck.

Tomorrow will be rebuilding the axle,and repack wheel bearings. Then front brake caliper and pads.
Then over to the fun side, where the axle dont just slide out.

Last edited by dustybumpers; 01-08-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:17 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Is camber an issue with this generation? I had to put shims on my new '79 to keep it from wearing the tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 01-08-2020, 05:49 PM
pudding puller

Longjonsilver is a jewel in the roughLongjonsilver is a jewel in the roughLongjonsilver is a jewel in the rough
Keep up the good work !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2020, 06:30 PM
don't play well w others

This truck hit a tree pretty good when I bought it. Then there was the fact it was a plow truck for a while. It still has the air bags in the springs, you can see them in the pictures.

The 79 you have is a straight axle, if I remember right, first year for ball joints.
This truck is ttd, which really is nothing more than formed sheet metal.
Bends easy.
Another thing needing replaced is the center swing bushings, that may change camber a bit too when I replace them.

Old 01-08-2020, 06:31 PM
don't play well w others

I see tapatalk made all the pictures sideways. Sorry. I'll try turning the phone on it's side next set of pictures, to see if it fixes the problem

Old 01-11-2020, 03:38 PM
don't play well w others

Old 01-11-2020, 11:23 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Thank God for BFH's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 01-12-2020, 01:46 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Thank God for BFH's!
And air hammers
Randy
Old 01-17-2020, 06:25 PM
don't play well w others

Waiting on parts still, so went into the gingerbread
Not finished yet. I had to stop, as my Momma is real sick, and we are taking some time with her