Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Went for a 20 mile drive today. The truck sits quite a bit anymore, but that makes me appreciate it even more when I DO drive it.

I KNOW the feeling! Glad you got to go out recently....more than I can say for me!

Now that I have the new tonneau cover installed, I can take my planes to the field. Went to Lowe's yesterday and bought a throw rug and cut it to fit the bed of the truck. This morning I loaded the planes and other stuff and away I went! It was perfect and there was a lot of room! No issues with the planes moving around and the truck purred like a kitten during the 60 mile round trip. The only thing I have to do is build a small rack out of white PVC for the wings. But that is a simple job. smilieFordlogo

Ummmm, I'm jealous of both the tonneau and the carpet.

Planes and dents, hard to beat a day like thatYelloThumbUp

smilieIagreesmiliewhathesaid

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Now that I have the new tonneau cover installed, I can take my planes to the field. Went to Lowe's yesterday and bought a throw rug and cut it to fit the bed of the truck. This morning I loaded the planes and other stuff and away I went! It was perfect and there was a lot of room! No issues with the planes moving around and the truck purred like a kitten during the 60 mile round trip. The only thing I have to do is build a small rack out of white PVC for the wings. But that is a simple job. smilieFordlogo

I'm interested in how you did your tonneau.....was it custom based on measurements?

Can you share where and how you purchased it?

In the installation, did you have to drill into the rig? Not sure I want to do that! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
2016-10-11_07_40_49.jpg

497811268.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's always an ego boost. I knew at one time you were considering it, not the case anymore???

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That's always an ego boost. I knew at one time you were considering it, not the case anymore???

No, I had my window to sell either dent about a year or so ago and my wife said if I didn't sell then, then we're keeping them until the boys decide what they want to do with them when they get older.

The oldest was getting too old to know that it was for him, so that's the reason for the window....it's shut now....aside from either kid growing up and making some bad decisions, both rigs are officially owned by those two kids.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Definitely an ego boost....I get a ego boost every time I take either rig out.....it's amazing the looks I get and I've been tooling around town in my 77 for over 6 years now and the 79, 3 years......it feels like it's the first time anyone has ever seen it.

I do have a local client that literally offered me $30k for both of my rigs and left it as a standing offer if I ever decide to change my mind. And they have the cash!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man...I can't believe it's been that long already. I remember when you first joined the site and I busted your balls on the 77. And I remember the trip you took to get the 79. My how time flies.

And with those rigs being passed down the lineage, way too much sentiment to let go for $30k...can barely build one truck as nice as either of yours for that.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

Ken, I just called Dan and told him it was for sale. :wasntme:

It's nice to know that people appreciate those old trucks. The Police Chief of our little town keeps pestering me to sell my truck. He stopped me one time for a rolling stop at a stop sign, and he said I could either get a warning and sell the truck, or I could keep the truck and get a ticket. He was just kidding and gave me a warning.

Hi Ken. I purchased my tonneau from AutoAnything. It was made by Truxedo. I am sure there are more expensive and fancier covers but the one I got suited my needs perfectly. There was no drilling required as the frame clamps on to the bed rails. It went on in about an hour but I was very careful so I am sure someone could install it faster. I ordered the cover for a standard 8 foot long bed as measured from the bulkhead to the gate inside. My only issue is that my tailgate has a slight bow to it. That is just how it is with a lot of these older trucks. I plan to replace the tailgate and put the original gate in storage but until then I will just adjust the cover to slip reward slightly. Otherwise the cover is a perfect fit.

Donald.

Attachments

• cover.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Man...I can't believe it's been that long already. I remember when you first joined the site and I busted your balls on the 77. And I remember the trip you took to get the 79. My how time flies.

And with those rigs being passed down the lineage, way too much sentiment to let go for $30k...can barely build one truck as nice as either of yours for that.

I remember all of that very vividly.....time flies incredibly fast!

And yes, I agree, there's way too much sentiment invested to let those two rigs go for $30k.

Ken, I just called Dan and told him it was for sale. :wasntme:

Hahahahahaha......I knew I should have at least said something when I first posted it so you guys wouldn't do anything silly like that!

I was LITERALLY thinking, "If I don't block out the number or at least post something when I post the picture, these guys........"!

Ha.......

Hi Ken. I purchased my tonneau from AutoAnything. It was made by Truxedo. I am sure there are more expensive and fancier covers but the one I got suited my needs perfectly. There was no drilling required as the frame clamps on to the bed rails. It went on in about an hour but I was very careful so I am sure someone could install it faster. I ordered the cover for a standard 8 foot long bed as measured from the bulkhead to the gate inside. My only issue is that my tailgate has a slight bow to it. That is just how it is with a lot of these older trucks. I plan to replace the tailgate and put the original gate in storage but until then I will just adjust the cover to slip reward slightly. Otherwise the cover is a perfect fit.

Donald.

I'm going to look into that.....the tonneau that was already with the 77 when I got it was an aluminum frame with a vinyl covering that looked ok, but I didn't like how I couldn't roll or fold it. I either had to take it off or leave it on.....it propped up like most solid ones do.

The one on my KR is the roll up kind that I love.

Thank you!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, mine is roll up too. That allows me to get at my flying stuff toward the cab end with no problems.

Perfect....that's what I want for my 77....thanks for taking the time! smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Perfect....that's what I want for my 77....thanks for taking the time! smilieFordlogo

There was a factory option for a soft cover...can't remember the style whether snapped or had a frame. Never seen one before (might be rarer than the behind the seat gun case), but would be totally awesome if someone could scrounge one up.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Has Dan called yet? :D

:headbang:

Thanks a lot Doug!

There was a factory option for a soft cover...can't remember the style whether snapped or had a frame. Never seen one before (might be rarer than the behind the seat gun case), but would be totally awesome if someone could scrounge one up.

Wow.....that'd be cool.....I can't imagine putting a button down one because that would mean I'd have to drill 30 holes in my almost 40 year old rig! My cajones are big, but they're not that big!

Also, the roll up ones have the metal support bars across it and it pulls nice and tight at the end when it snatches down. I really, really like the one on my KR and this one looks similar.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
:headbang:

Thanks a lot Doug!

No problem. :)

Wow.....that'd be cool.....I can't imagine putting a button down one because that would mean I'd have to drill 30 holes in my almost 40 year old rig! My cajones are big, but they're not that big!

Also, the roll up ones have the metal support bars across it and it pulls nice and tight at the end when it snatches down. I really, really like the one on my KR and this one looks similar.

I have an Access cover on mine(rollup) that I was VERY happy with. I don't know when it was put on the truck but it lasted 10 years for me. The Velcro attachments finally wore out. I found some "industrial strength" Velcro at Walmart. After two years, the glue used to attach the strips quit sticking.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Started it today. Had to use a porta pack to start. I was going to move it, but the wheels were frozen into 3 inches of ice. Maybe tomorrow..... predicted temps up to 46 tomorrow.

i am laughing and being sad at the same time. i got walked by a Honda civic.....when i grenaded the transmission stop light racing :(. i guess it finally time to rebuild my spare

^^^Oh no! Was that a C-6?

np435. seem that input shaft is fine (idles without noise), but boy does she not like moving in any gear. i post a rebuild thread sometime in February. it not big loss it needed a rebuild, input shaft leaked and it howled in 3rd above 3000rpm. i was planing a rebuild in February on it or my spare anyways. kinda say i have to tow it

i feel bad but i cant wait the see the carnage. i just love taking apart stuff that brakes in bad ways

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
  • IMAG0010.jpg
  • IMAG0014.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts