Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1968 429

I pickup up an engine late last summer. Owner really had no idea what it was. Been in the garage for years, cleaned out garage and decided to sell. All I new was it was a 1968 engine. After some research and some labor tearing it down its a 1968 429, likely out of one of the bigger sedans, tbird or station wagon. The pistons actually have 429 embossed on them. Engine shop says we have to go 60 over, crank looks good and heads look good also. I have misc. accessories too, a/c compressor, power steering pump exhaust mainfolds intake.
My question: is there any real value to this engine? any thoughts appreciated.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
For a purist that is looking for a numbers matching 1968 engine it could be worth something. It will probably be a high(er) CR engine and make a decent amount of power in factory form.

I had a 1970 429 in a 77 F250, moved it along quite nicely.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
For comparison sake, I just picked up an entire 1970 Lincoln for $600. I was after the running 460. I'm also picking up a 69 429 with C6 down in Ga...sounds about the same as yours, core condition, for $400. Those are both a bit under market value. Typically I see them in the 5-800 range. The block themselves aren't where the money is at...but the heads are. The 68-70 heads are what everyone wants that have to retain factory/iron components.

Ford Truck Articles