Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.2

Superduty Gen.2 2008-2010 F250, F350, F450, F550

Old 05-16-2009, 08:15 AM

rrvallair is on a distinguished road
code proo88

Need help iam haveing fuel problems with my 6.4 the code says pressure in the fuel rail to high or fuel pressure too high. i only got the worst problem when the fuel tank is full but when it down to half or quarter of a tank truck runs good, replaced low pressure fuel pump and also checked tank this month no restrictions in the tank. the ford tech say it could be the high pressure fuel pump but that also was changed out in 08/2008at 68000 miles my truck now has 148000. it is a work truck all highway miles between texas and louisiana. please help if you can anybody
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
If you are talking about p0088 (fuel rail/system pressure-too high), This error will be set if the fuel pressure in the rail is too high, and the controller cannot regulate it to the setpoint. Look at the low pressure system, wiring to the vcv and pcv, frp sensor, and the pump.

Last edited by blacksnapon; 05-16-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-18-2016, 07:02 AM

todoslarry is on a distinguished road
Code fix

I've been fighting this for 3 months now and fixed it!
1. Remove the EBP sensor cap and clean out carbon buildup with a paperclip, yes a paperclip. Your gas mileage will also improve. Youtube video at
www.powerstrokehelp.com then to 6.4 videos
2. Go to the dealer and ask them to re-map or calibrate your computer, takes maybe 15-20 min. there are updates form Ford and no one else has them sadly. my dealer here in Cabo did it for free.
3. The sensor wasn't stuck in the open or closed position as 2 of the possible fixes
4. I'm replacing my sensor in 2 weeks to eliminate more buildup its only $42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrvallair View Post
Need help iam haveing fuel problems with my 6.4 the code says pressure in the fuel rail to high or fuel pressure too high. i only got the worst problem when the fuel tank is full but when it down to half or quarter of a tank truck runs good, replaced low pressure fuel pump and also checked tank this month no restrictions in the tank. the ford tech say it could be the high pressure fuel pump but that also was changed out in 08/2008at 68000 miles my truck now has 148000. it is a work truck all highway miles between texas and louisiana. please help if you can anybody