Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally caught the odometer!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I always miss those special numbers and was able to catch this one this afternoon when the family and I were out and about.

Wifeys Expedition:

20140517_145016_zps6deb3610.jpg

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Never seen an Expedition cluster...looks cool.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^ X3. Will be looking forward to 88888.8. :)

Yeah! I was thinking the same thing Doug, and that'll come faster on the wifey's truck, than any of my others as they don't see hardly any miles.....have 28k on my 06 King Ranch and have to wait to 33333.3 and with me only putting 1k or so a year on it, it'll be 3-5 years....same with my dents....my 77 has 13k on it, so the next one for it will be 22222......my 3 year old son may have to take that picture when he's driving it the way we put miles on it :wasntme: .

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Cool Pic Ken.
I thought I was the only one that put such low miles on my trucks. I put less than 3k a year on the trucks most years. Now the cars will see anywhere from 30-40k a year easy.
My Dad's 04 F150 has I think 26k on it the garage thought the odometer was broke.

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Cool Pic Ken.
I thought I was the only one that put such low miles on my trucks. I put less than 3k a year on the trucks most years. Now the cars will see anywhere from 30-40k a year easy.
My Dad's 04 F150 has I think 26k on it the garage thought the odometer was broke.

I don't have a commute, so other than church, groceries and the occasional shopping trip, I hardly put any miles on any of our vehicles.....the wifey's vehicle gets the most use/abuse as we use it for the family and when we go places all together and even then it's hardly 5k a year or so, heck we bought the expedition last fall and it had 75k on it and it just rolled to the 77777 noted above 7 months later or so.....but my DD, the company truck (06 F150) sees a few hundred to a thousand miles a year when I do errands or when we need to put something in the back of it or pull the trailer.

And even less on the classics!

The King Ranch I can see hanging on to for 8-10 years or longer, but we'll need a new wifey/family vehicle every 5 years or so I think...just cause of the type of kid and family use it gets.....our Durango lasted about 5 years before we didn't want to mess with all the things that started to go wrong with it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Glad I'm not the only one that likes catching these milestones...and the fact it's 3 77's...makes it that much better.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I always miss those special numbers and was able to catch this one this afternoon when the family and I were out and about.

Wifeys Expedition:

20140517_145016_zps6deb3610.jpg

Did the wife roll her eyes, when you stopped to take a picture? :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Did the wife roll her eyes, when you stopped to take a picture? :)

Hahaha....I pulled over pretty hard at 77777.5 going 50mph and crawled till it hit the 7. When I pulled over she said, Wth, what's wrong? And rolled her eyes after I told her. :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hahaha....I pulled over pretty hard at 77777.5 going 50mph and crawled till it hit the 7. When I pulled over she said, Wth, what's wrong? And rolled her eyes after I told her. :)

HAHAHAHAHA...the Lincoln just rolled 100k, Bailee lost her mind as quickly as I stopped, on railroad tracks no less, to snap the picture.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
HAHAHAHAHA...the Lincoln just rolled 100k, Bailee lost her mind as quickly as I stopped, on railroad tracks no less, to snap the picture.

Hahahaha....on rail road tracks! Now that's dedication. Awesome!!!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

I was on a back road by myself when the truck rolled over at 100K. I did the 'Ken' thing and drove about .2 miles to get the tenths to zero. A rancher pulled up beside me when I was taking a picture of the odometer(full-size camera.)

To him it looked like I was taking a picture of "myself", if you know what I mean. He asked me WTH I was doing. He rolled his eyes and left.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

I was on a back road by myself when the truck rolled over at 100K. I did the 'Ken' thing and drove about .2 miles to get the tenths to zero. A rancher pulled up beside me when I was taking a picture of the odometer(full-size camera.)

To him it looked like I was taking a picture of "myself", if you know what I mean. He asked me WTH I was doing. He rolled his eyes and left.

Hahahaha....this really made me laugh....I was picturing the situation of you taking a picture of yourself! 'hah' That's funny!

Good to hear there are others like me.....I've been trying my whole life to get these moments....they are tough to get for sure if you're not really paying attention and the opportunity doesn't present itself.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^I knew the day I hopped in the Lincoln that 'today would be the day' that it rolled 100k...I wasn't really paying attention, but I caught it right when I saw it rolling from 99999.9 to 100000, hence the panic stop and where I stopped. Had I been paying attention, I would have probably taken a different route.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Total commute is 6.9 miles each way now...I was like 17 miles away from 100k that day. But for 3.5 years I was logging 100-110 miles/day with my commute.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Total commute is 6.9 miles each way now...I was like 17 miles away from 100k that day. But for 3.5 years I was logging 100-110 miles/day with my commute.

That was your new Lincoln? I'm surprised it has that many miles on it....has it been that long since you traded the Mustang?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That was your new Lincoln? I'm surprised it has that many miles on it....has it been that long since you traded the Mustang?

I bought the Mustang September '10 and traded it August '11. The Lincoln had 24k on the odo when I bought it. It's been as far south as Key West, as far north as NYC as far west as the Mississippi and been to the OBX several times.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I bought the Mustang September '10 and traded it August '11. The Lincoln had 24k on the odo when I bought it. It's been as far south as Key West, as far north as NYC as far west as the Mississippi and been to the OBX several times.

Wow.....time flies when you're having fun I guess. ....eh? I remember when you first bought both those vehicles.

Ford Truck Articles