Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Western Maine Street Rods Motor Madness 7-27-13

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Very good friends/family of mine started this event and for a first one in rural Maine, it was a pretty darn good turnout!

This thing was huge.....difficult to understand the engineering that goes into these monster trucks, but anyways, the construction of it did seem pretty cool even though it was a Cheby!

Posting more pictures as the day goes on.....sorry, I'm at work and am doing it through my FTF breaks! smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
As much as I don't care for low rider trucks, this guy did put a ton of time and money into this dent:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^Forgot one, the interior of that dent, sticker city:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
This was a 69 (I believe) Shelby GT 350R and was dissappointed he didn't have the engine bay for display (OK, I'm confused...I don't remember which mustang was which - sorry):

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
This one says GT500KR on the side, so:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool pics,thanks for posting!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
This camaro was a show stopper for sure....probably the best at the show (IMO - cause of all the chrome in the engine) as far as showy goes. I've always thought to adding a few things here and there to my 77 to make it look like this, but after driving it every summer, I'm not so sure. The only way to keep all that chrome from pitting or coloring, is to keep it stored in a climate controlled environment and constantly clean it.....in other words, don't use it. I enjoy my dent more now because I am using it.

If I can be a tad critical:

IF I had a truck or car with an engine bay like this, I think I would chrome the hinges (I've seen that before and it looks nice - my tailgate latch arms are chromed and really looks nice for shows and such.), changed the headers to a hightemp polished silver (this may be new tech - but something I was planning on doing to the dent this year, maybe next and was discussed here on FTF on another thread-the ones on this camaro are just silver - clashes with the chrome IMO), chromed the water pump (I've seen this also on show pick up trucks.), finally, I'd put mirrors under the hood to really show the bling.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Sorry Duncan, I know this is a Cheby, but the restore on it was fabulous and it's still old steel:

That pepsi cooler in the back was a nice touch!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I believe this guy still uses this rig today for his business:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
NEVER SEEN ONE OF THESE BEFORE....DIFFERENT:

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles