Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How Many 6.0L Motors over 100,000 miles????

Jeff,
I always look forward to your posts regarding the 6.0 while pleading guilty to not responding to all. You are my inspiration when it comes to having faith in the 6.0. I've been following your lead on my maintenance schedules and products including the coolant filter. Thanks for keeping us informed so those of us with this same engine can learn and put into practice what you do...

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Jeff,
I always look forward to your posts regarding the 6.0 while pleading guilty to not responding to all. You are my inspiration when it comes to having faith in the 6.0. I've been following your lead on my maintenance schedules and products including the coolant filter. Thanks for keeping us informed so those of us with this same engine can learn and put into practice what you do...

Thank you....

I do not expect people to reply to every post or thread I start or comment in, but I try and pass along my expereince, maintenance and new products that would be interesting and beneficial to all.

I have learned a lot from this site and many other people... so it is a give and take relationship which I enjoy. Actualy was surprised my thread on the P/S fluid filter hasn't attracted more exposure, posts and/or people buying for themselves and trying? I almost bought a by-pass tranny filter and was going to adpat it to the P/S system, but could not justify the $200 or so price tag. When I came upon the Magnefine filter for $25.00 or less... it was a no-brainer for me.

I was "thrilled" to read my latest Blackstone oil report after not doing it for 15,000 miles... but I was basing this on no prior problems were concerning me, so just do it every now and then and not every oil change.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member

grewells

Professional Amateur
Every time I log onto one of these forums (FTF, SDD, powerstroke.org, powerstrokenation, TDG) I end up learning another tidbit, another "trick of the trade". Big thanks to all of the techs out there that throw in their 2 cents. It might seem like you're giving away information, but you're building trust and confidence in amateurs like me who will drive 100's of miles for big jobs!!

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
My wife's ex has 132000. Only problems have been an oil leak and ac controlls fixed under warranty. Icp sensor I fixed myself.

I will replace the ficm soon.

I have 110k bought it when it had 98k in Oct '10 and love it.

I had the BPD oil & egr coolers installed in Feb '11 due to temp spread
to avoid a bigger problem - very happy with it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
198,000 miles this week.... and going strong.

Only had to replace all 8 injectors 12,000 miles ago.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I now have 201,000 miles on my truck - Woo-Hoo!!! smilietease smilietease

Look out.. next stop, 300,000 miles (in 4 years that is)!!! smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles