Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 5

Generation 5 1967-1972 F100, F250, F350

Old 08-16-2017, 04:28 PM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonsexton View Post
Heh... If it was origional... I wouldn't be calling it my Johnny cash truck! Lol

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Lol......Definitly have a point there!....

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2017, 08:29 AM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonsexton View Post
Pulled carb... Suspicious of power valve... Not blown, gunked. Wouldnt close properly. Cleaned and GTG.

Love the simple fixes!

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
Old 08-17-2017, 02:40 PM

daltonsexton is a jewel in the roughdaltonsexton is a jewel in the roughdaltonsexton is a jewel in the rough
I am a little suspicious of my power steering pump as it is a little jerky... It is the only older part left and likely damaged due to previous gearbox leak. I will give it a little more time to see it it is a stubborn air pocket.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:42 PM

daltonsexton is a jewel in the roughdaltonsexton is a jewel in the roughdaltonsexton is a jewel in the rough
To my dismay, I discovered the intake manifold gasket is blowing oil pretty badly. About to create another post for advice on that one.. Look for it.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:57 PM

I've been cranking the truck daily for the past week since I finished the steerong box install. I grab a few minutes here and there to try to dial in the tune because the vacuum gauge keeps hunting.. (intake gasket, sigh)

Yesterday I drove to the gas station and of course, Murphy struck and the truck would not start.

It turned out the solenoid nut was working loose. You know.. Too many connectors and wires and not enough post... Anyway,

Here is my soloution... This worked great on my modded mower and the beauty of this is it will make wiring in that new fuse box oh so much easier!
Just a hair over $4 at Lowe's or Home Depot and enlarging the mounting hole needed.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:18 AM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to behold
great idea!

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."