Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Red is almost done

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
After putting 6 miles on her in the last 2 years and none in the last 14 months, she's almost DD ready again. Red head steering is on. Burned through the old nasty gas. Rebuilt the carb 3 times running through said nasty gas. Brakes, seals, bearings, etc. Have some fine tuning to do this weekend, but a couple hours away from being done. Oh and an Austin polish and shine could be used, look at all that dust. Hot boxed myself with the skunky gas...must be what the 'high boy' hub bub is all about.

image454.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Keep us posted on how the Redhead steering works out. I'm about ready to pitch my rebuilt steering gear and go with one of those(which I should have done in the first place.):headbang:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Don't even hesitate Doug. This was the bendix power assist set up with the power valve and cylinder. But I've gotten steering boxes from them before, flat out the best money can buy.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Pretty smokey Ben....you stayed in and enjoyed the eye watering?

:p

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Haha...yeah man...that bad gas had to go somewhere. Ended up kicking myself...after 2 carb rebuilds getting all that sludge through...I decided the carb absolutely had to be detailed. Hit the fawking grille, carb hit the floor. So had to do a late night bastardization of a few carbs I had on my shelf. Still have to fine tune this weekend and do a final redhead bleed. Oh, and I have to be out of there by Sunday, and the movers will be there Saturday...and I'll be 4 hours away until Friday night. Wish me luck.
image461.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...house sold quick...was on the market 3 weeks, got asking price. Gotta get outta there. That's why Thunder is getting done and why I'm moved quicker on the Bronco 460 quicker than I was planning.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Updating this too...Red has more miles on her in the last 3 months or so than she had the prior 3 years combined. Still needs to be tuned on, and I have a massive air bubble in the power cylinder...but she is moving around town. She jumped time here...but had about 2 hours before easter dinner, and got her back rolling...

IMG_8222_1_.JPG

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Glad to hear!

Yeah...just have to find a permanent storage solution now. Thinking I'll just buy an acre or two near my folks and put up a building. Who knows where I'll be for work and I'm getting sick of getting booted out of storage units.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Yeah...just have to find a permanent storage solution now. Thinking I'll just buy an acre or two near my folks and put up a building. Who knows where I'll be for work and I'm getting sick of getting booted out of storage units.

I have a storage place........:wasntme:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm sure he would...Doug is going out of his way to be hospitable.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'm sure Doug would keep everything loosened up and make sure the tires don't develop a flat spot from sitting.

Why, yes!

I'm sure he would...Doug is going out of his way to be hospitable.

Yes. No ulterior motives, just pure Southern Hospitality. :wasntme:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The truck still looks great, awesome!

Ryan

Thanks...still needs the Austin treatment...that's several years of garage dust build up on it. I honestly didn't realize how much I just let that thing sit.

Fellro

Staff member
Thanks...still needs the Austin treatment...that's several years of garage dust build up on it. I honestly didn't realize how much I just let that thing sit.

Time sure gets away from a person... I can absolutely relate.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts