Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Speedometer odometer and shifting all STOPPED

Fellro

Staff member
I have had troubles with aftermarket sensors not seating deep enough and therefore not giving a good speedo reading.

I have had troubles with aftermarket sensors not seating deep enough and therefore not giving a good speedo reading.

Yep just had that before christmas on a 3.0 CRD jeep with a Cambiare aftermarket crank angle sensor ..... ex ebay unit that i had to modify with a hacksaw so that it would seat further into the engine block to get a reading.

Fellro

Staff member
I filed down the boss that it clamps down on to get it in a bit deeper.

Now that I have almost killed myself getting the full plug off ��...Oh man, guess I'll see how much the stealership sells them for before I jump into wiring. Thanks!

Fellro

Staff member
Another thing that trips up magnetic sensors like that is simply getting a bunch of filings stuck to it. Sometimes you can get them working again by simply cleaning the end off.

So it's been snowing and I haven't got much done but I'm thinking...if I don't have an ABS light on doesn't that mean the abs is getting the speed sensor signal while the PSOM isn't?

Fellro

Staff member
I doubt I would worry about changing the odometer. Iowa titles have a check box that just notifies buyers that the odometer reading does not match actual mileage, not sure on yours.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts