Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Mechanic needed in NC (1970 F-250)

Hi everyone,

I have a 1970 F-250. Good bones, but many problems. I've had a hard time finding someone to work on it. Usually when I take it somewhere, they have it in the shop for weeks if not months, fix one thing, return it to me, and then it breaks down a week later with something else wrong.

I'd like to find someone who'll take it and go over it, fixing everything that needs fixed in order for it to become a reliable vehicle again.

I'm located between the Triangle & Triad, so if anyone has suggestions on a mechanic nearby that might be interested in working on such a beast, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
^^^ Sounds more like you're needing a shop to do a restoration, albeit with limitations so as to keep the cost in line. Something else to keep in your back pocket....old vehicles with unknown history and lots of miles do of course, have a higher probability of things failing than the opposite, this is why people are often better served with a newer, lower mile vehicle. Paying a shop to make repairs can be expensive compared to making those repairs by yourself. Food4thought, and good luck in your search!

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Welcome to FTF from WNC.

A 1970 is pretty much a plain Jane truck, they are about as basic as they come. A Chilton's or Haynes manual will prolly help you work through the majority of your problems and if you get stumped start a build thread for your truck. Many knowledgeable people here

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Yeah, my daughter had to leave her beloved 77 home when she went to college 3 hours away from home. Didn't want her having issues trying to find a mechanic to work on it.

x2 on the manuals. Unless you are dealing with a lot of rust, repairs can be pretty straight forward if you can find parts.

Ford Truck Articles