Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > General Conversation

Old 03-26-2020, 10:57 AM

Blue-Truck-Nut97 is a glorious beacon of lightBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a glorious beacon of lightBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a glorious beacon of lightBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a glorious beacon of lightBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a glorious beacon of light
That the public wants? I see hardly any in public. I see a lot on car lots not selling.

I'd argue that Ford did try to produce what people wanted, Ts were only black until he could expand the operation, Financing, well I don't know where you found that but Ford dealers were required to finance from what I understand. Ford even set the precedent for taking care of employees. Top pay, medical, loans for homes, unheard of at the time.

But, Ford doesn't know what people want lol

Edit: Billy check out this book, it's written by one of the first Ford dealers, actually not too far from where you live.

https://www.biblio.com/book/me-model...r/d/1299893444

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Blue-Truck-Nut97; 03-26-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2020, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, those two iron fisted rulings of Henry Ford that I mentioned caused Ford to move from the #1 to the #2 automaker in America, a position they were never able to recover from. Thanks on the book but no need, got my info from multiple trusted sources, some of who were alive and well back then and owned Model T's.

In the meanwhile, Fords financial situation worsens, they (finally) cut their dividend to zero and their credit rating dropped. Again. Second time in 6 months. Current PE is 543, that's ugly. There's more.

-A wise man learns from his mistakes; a wiser man learns from the mistakes of others.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 03-26-2020, 12:09 PM

Blue-Truck-Nut97 is a glorious beacon of lightBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a glorious beacon of lightBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a glorious beacon of lightBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a glorious beacon of lightBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a glorious beacon of light
Actually I recommend the book more for your enjoyment, and a lesson on local history. It's very humorous, and provides a snapshot of life in the times. Reading it is your choosing.

As for trusted sources, well, I've got my own, and yet we still disagree. And that's ok, nobody is forcing us too! I will point out, that Henry built a company from nothing, that has survived long after him. Many bullet proof model T's even still survive, I think there are about, 30 or so just in our yard.

I would also point out that Chevrolet beat out Ford, mostly on the technical advancement of their products. In 1926 a Chevy was faster, quieter, and comfy-er than a model T. Ford had to adapt, and reluctantly did.

In modern times, the small cheap reliable cars seem to be in higher demand, in which the foreign manufactures kicked their butts, for many of the same reasons mentioned previously in the pharmacuticals discussion.

I'll still stand with the company that refused a handout at my expense.

Yeah, the stocks look bad, everything looks bad at the moment. And yet, they are still trying to help what they can, which makes that warm and fuzzy feeling, even warmer. Maybe this is the year I buy a new F-150.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk