Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1995 F350 XLT 7.5 EFI Dash Instrument Cluster

Greetings,
As described, 1995 F350 XLT 1 ton dually crew cab 2WD with E4OD transmission.

Issue at hand: The dash cluster has sat around , up right, since I took it out and re-did most of the wiring that was burned up ( due to previous owner being less than intelligent) and I've now gotten around to having to send it in to get the EPROM on it repaired and the printed circuit board replaced .

It last read 122,000 miles or there abouts. I had no " Error" message on the odometer readout and , I'd like to get this instrument cluster working as it should be.

So the question I have for the group is this one : Having perused all through Ebay for a reputable place to send this into and pay the money to have it done right, once time , There seems to be a wide array of folks out there that do the work, but , I can't attest to the quality or the warranty ( where offered).

Does anyone have a particular place of business a guy can send it in to and hope to have the work done correctly?

I'd sure appreciate the feedback fellas, and ladies.

Thanks in advance!

:thanks:

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
we sent dads to circuit board medics.. iirc i think it was like 200 somthing for his.. he had onboard lights out and the stepper motor for the speedo quit...

https://circuitboardmedics.com/

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Is there a problem with the unit/
one of my trucks was bad sending units, and a bad vss.
Have you tried it since you fixed the wiring?

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Check fuse 18, power to it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Only spare one I have is a diesel one, not good for gas.

Also, 92-93 94 1/2 _ 97 are NOT interchangeable
So that being said if the unit that you have did not come from your truck that could be the issue.
I will ask on the diesel sites a recommendation for a rebuild, and get back to you.
Look on your unit for a build date

In the mean time, if it were me, I would be looking at some junk yards, ebay, etc. There are still plenty of these trucks out here

The cluster unit is the OEM unit that came with the truck. Having already tried stuffing one from another rig into the dash, simply doesn't work to well for a wide array of reasons. Namely, the mileage shown on another used one, does not match mine. Best of my knowledge there is no VSS on this rig that would apply to the issues at hand .

Correct. Diesel clusters will not, interchange with a gas cluster.

so far been batting zero percentage here...

I guess it'll be Ebay for the repair service since there doesn't seem to be a clear response here.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Sadly, not a lot of traffic here anymore.

Sorry I couldnt help

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Thanks Jake

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Lol
Ya. Hopefully he checks back. I looked them up, looks like one I will use in the future

Ford Truck Articles