Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

free college in michigan

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/919405/

official site

-two years worth of FREE tuition at ANY community college, university, or other approved training provider

- Any person who is currently unemployed, OR
- Any person who has received a notice of termination or layoff from employment, OR Any employed person whose family income is $40,000 or less per year.

- Participants must be at least 18 years old, must not have graduated from high school in the last two years and must not be full-time college students.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ouch...doesn't that sorta discriminate against the kids who wanna go to school, but can't afford it...or don't have a worthy co-signor??????

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
My county offers free college to all graduating students for 2 years at the local community college.
Wish this program was available when I went to college. I worked a full time job while going to school full time.
With the amount of taxes we pay the kids should be able to go 4 years.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Shoot I'd be happy with 5k for next semester...which is also my last one. Now that football id outta the mix, no more money from them...and I'm outta state so fed loans don't cover it all and I can't get state loans. With my dad's biz shutting down, he can't cosign for me...and I don't have too many family members in any better situation. Anyone wanna start a Ben College Fund...hahahaha.

Michigan
My mom and i have discussed this as well... Im defiantly getting screwed out of the deal (This year at least..) For FAFSA my parents made to much money last year.. So this years tax return shows they made to much. But now they make a quarter of what they use to make and i probably wont be able to get financial aid untill next semester...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...I never really understood the whole FAFSA thing...I don't really see how they're helping...because the folks that really need the help aren't getting it. Luckily, I pulled in a few favors...and I should be set now...but prior to that, I was gonna get $400 in pell grant, and $3000 in federal loans...That still left me about 10k short...because dad made too much. So then they tell me to have him cosign on a private loan...well he can't his business shut down. They're not really all that helpful to the folks that need help...but oh well.

Ya I just called unemployment yesterday and now I got to report to michigan works to register with them. They will probably tell me to apply for this but dont know if I can cause I gradutated from high school 2 years ago so I probably will have to wait. Its a good thing they do this cause not everyone went to college cause they got a job. Me I went into the carpenters union instead of college. It was a good choice at first cause I was making alot of money instead of college loans. I didnt realize I had to do this cause I have to go through the union hall to get a job not through them. Well I guess I will find out when I go there.

Ford Truck Articles