Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

HELP cant figure out

I have an 04 F250 with the 5.4L, my problem is when you start the truck or even tap the gas peddle when running it will start to make very loud howling noise up through the intake and air filter. thought maybe it was the cross over tube from the intake tube to the iac motor but it wasn't now im at a complete loss.

Does anyone have this problem and know what it is or any other ideas

THank you

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
probably the iac valve itself. seen many make a hooting or train horn noise due to the valve inside loose causing a "reed" effect like in a musical instrument.

blacksnapon

Staff member
probably the iac valve itself. seen many make a hooting or train horn noise due to the valve inside loose causing a "reed" effect like in a musical instrument.
I agree. The 5.4 and 4.6 are noise making factories in my opinion. If you want a weird noise, find one of these engines.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yea when you first start my dads it makes alot of noice. And occasionally a wierd whistle noise.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah mine whines about 1500 -1750 like a real loud.....OH yeah that could be my TB spacer LOL!

Ford Truck Articles