Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lowering on the Cheap

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I need to lower my truck and do it on the cheap.I priced drop beams and they are too high in price and I am looking for a cheaper alterative .

100_2191.jpg

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
If you move down here to Florida we'll take care of..... Way I did it was I pull the lower springs buckets out so the spring is sittin right on the TTB....that dropped it bout 2 1/2 inches...then pulled a leaf out of the rear on each side and she sits level....You do it that way and you'll have to spend 60-70 bucks on adjustable camber bushings for the front to get the alignment right.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
If you move down here to Florida we'll take care of..... Way I did it was I pull the lower springs buckets out so the spring is sittin right on the TTB....that dropped it bout 2 1/2 inches...then pulled a leaf out of the rear on each side and she sits level....You do it that way and you'll have to spend 60-70 bucks on adjustable camber bushings for the front to get the alignment right.

Sounds easy but mine is 2wd.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
So is mine......Pic is only a tiny bit old...just put new tires on the back and they are exactly the same as what's on the front 235/75/15 Mastercraft HTR's. But, sits perfectly level now.

008.jpg

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
So is mine......Pic is only a tiny bit old...just put new tires on the back and they are exactly the same as what's on the front 235/75/15 Mastercraft HTR's. But, sits perfectly level now.

008.jpg

Looks great, I just got pictures of my rear leaf springs. I don't plan on hauling anything but my chair it weighs in at 250lbs.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Wow, my rear pack was not that big....I've only got 3 leaves on mine....and I only pulled one...No, I have had absolutely NO issues with the coil spring whatsoever. Mine doesn't have that big upper or lower overloads...

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Wow, my rear pack was not that big....I've only got 3 leaves on mine....and I only pulled one...No, I have had absolutely NO issues with the coil spring whatsoever. Mine doesn't have that big upper or lower overloads...

I was told they were 3/4 ton springs,but to be honest I'm not too sure. Maybe I can get rid of the overloads?

Last edited:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
remove the second longest and the second shortest

DSC00101-1.jpg

in thefront i was told that you can flip the ( i dont know whats its name the one that fits on the long beam at the end nway ) or cut the springs

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00092-2.jpg

was too low for me soo i put 1 leaf back and i shortened the leaf 3 inches each side

in your case just start removing springs leave 2 the longest and the medium one if you want also the shortest and see what it does you gotta keep trying and see there is no exact formula that i can tell you that will make your truck lowered and level

keep in mind you cant haul anything and it will be bouncier ride ;)

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
remove the second longest and the second shortest

DSC00101-1.jpg

in thefront i was told that you can flip the ( i dont know whats its name the one that fits on the long beam at the end nway ) or cut the springs

DSC00098.jpg

was too low for me soo i put 1 leaf back and i shortened the leaf 3 inches each side

Thanks Jurgen,but I will have to remove more than 2 springs. See the picture of my spring pack.:(

Ford Truck Articles