Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Superduty Saved

masakimm

Native Texan
891f24450f4876ab40b1716bbffe1330.jpg

Towed this in today. Something seemed off at first.

dcf05799ccb210338f5287d6ce8d06ba.jpg

18d116dc3e227ccb73490d20bf700479.jpg

d3d41c713672295adc9604bf3459f678.jpg

24d308d6b4ff1572b7420002554fda8e.jpg

So the guy started it up to warm it up and left it in neutral. His driveway has a slight slope to it. and trees that didn't get out of the way. But its all fixable. And will be good as old here soon.
01ac148662171728267670fc520f857f.jpg

Now this item was built ford tough. it survived when the rest of the grill didn't.[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

masakimm

Native Texan
Not perfect but hood closes and latches.
f2fa9d137390a393a7fed185e00aaebb.jpg

587038d9f66e5e1a8822640741707a9a.jpg

ae4621eb97e594cd52644fd6f77e0f8a.jpg

400666853913f6a29b7408e9039fcdcd.jpg

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
good thing it was a gasser.... woulda had a few more heat exchangers to replace... nice part is all the pieces that got bent are simple bolt swapping parts... gaps between the hood and fenders could use a little adjustment... driverside looks a bit close and the passengerside looks too much... could try shifting the hood slightly...

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Looking good Mikey!
Around here, that would have been a totaled truck for it's age.
Nice job, Good save

masakimm

Native Texan
good thing it was a gasser.... woulda had a few more heat exchangers to replace... nice part is all the pieces that got bent are simple bolt swapping parts... gaps between the hood and fenders could use a little adjustment... driverside looks a bit close and the passengerside looks too much... could try shifting the hood slightly...
well mostly only changed the upper core support so I had to straighten the lower portion of the core support and the bumper mounts. the drivers side is perfect but the pass side us wide but everything else bolted right up so left it.
Looking good Mikey!
Around here, that would have been a totaled truck for it's age.
Nice job, Good save
Well it was totaled insurance wrote a check for it and I fixed it. for a lot less then the insurance said. So I get paid cust gets his truck back and money in his pocket.[emoji16]
I'm impressed that the color of the hood matches the truck!
Yeah we had to go 200 miles round trip to get the hood but it was worth it. Cust said as long as it has a hood he do t care about the color. but the truck is in awesome shape so was worth the extra effort.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
is that what you do for a living?? body work?

masakimm

Native Texan
is that what you do for a living?? body work?
Nope just on rare occasions. Just a basic everyday machine that will take on just about anything that's got a motor and or wheels. Once fixed up a guys walker after walmart and local med supply sent him out to us.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
ahh... i got a cab panel that needs replaced...

masakimm

Native Texan
I got 2 cab corners I need to do just really don't want to but will have to can't afford a real body shop. I spend most of my time working on those big things behind the superduty. Luckily My military background in electronics and aircraft systems does me good to work on the ambulances. But its a constant battle to stay up on all the systems suspensions systems have advanced from air ride systems to an hydraulic system, automatic tires chains, inverter system, led lighting systems.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
mine actually the rear panel under the back window that needs replaced... somoen in the trucks past had a live load that messed up the front rail of the bed and they used the cab to push it back into place... now the cabs mushed in... when they did that they busted the seam weld there so when it rains a certain way it soaks the inside of the truck there...

masakimm

Native Texan
Wow that sucks I wish I could help ya but I suck at body work for the most part. that's why I keep putting off cab corners[emoji1787]

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i was prepaired to pay a shop to do it for me before we moved... but that shops many hrs away... and dont have the fundage to do it again.. may end up trying to tackle it myself... but need to remove the rear window too...

masakimm

Native Texan
i was prepaired to pay a shop to do it for me before we moved... but that shops many hrs away... and dont have the fundage to do it again.. may end up trying to tackle it myself... but need to remove the rear window too...
Rear windows are not bad had mine in and out several times. just take ur time and don't rush it. Here's an example of my great body work will need some serious grinder time and filler.[emoji1787]
715c219ce565b78d0fa08861c15e60ef.jpg

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
stick welder??

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
ahh the slag in the one area threw me off is why i thought stick...

masakimm

Native Texan
Yeah u will see some horrible stick welding when I get to my new front hitch in my build thread. which I need to update this weekend just been trying to get all my pics organized.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Yeah u will see some horrible stick welding when I get to my new front hitch in my build thread. which I need to update this weekend just been trying to get all my pics organized.

lol.... ive seen horrible stick welding before lol..

1828a63e003dfbcf2a10fe6ab838865a--welding-funny-welding-trucks.jpg

Ford Truck Articles