Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New member Southern Maryland

GreyPass

Grey Passmore
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! My names Grey im from Southern Maryland im located in Waldorf. I have been a car enthusiast my entire life and recently got rid of my Mitsubishi Eclipse and picked up a 1988 Ford F250 XLT. Whole new ball park for me. Im in the US Army Reserves and will be transfering Active Duty Army in the next year. Im also part of the Blue Crew at sears as an electronics sales associate. Love to play Golf, and love all cars from muscle to trucks to imports to ratrods. True Enthusiast. To be honest I know nothing about ford motors, all i know is i have the 302 5.0 v8 with 2 tanks. I got the truck with 88k miles (04/20/13). Its got quite a bit of rust along the quarters and rocker panels. The bed is in good shape aswell as the interior though the bench seat has a tear in the driver side. Hood is a bit banged up and it looks like it was very poorly painted black. I picked this 5speed beauty up for 1800 and im going to have it serviced this weekend. May be leaking power steering fluid and transmission fluid. I will have some pictures posted by the end of the night and Im here to learn as much as possible. So im open to all the input and help. Some of the known issues right now. Theres two gas tanks (switch left of steering wheel) and one of them reads WAYYY past full, and one of them reads Empty. Also the Temperature gauge does not work. Blinkers dont work but all other lights do*relay maybe?* and Alignment is a bit off. Leaking some sort of thin fluid from the Bell end of the Trans.

So as of right now the only questions i have would be. What can i do to help clean up my motor a bit, make sure its running healthy. where should i look for parts (new interior carpet, door panels, gauge clusters*if needed*, body panels, a new hood, wheels tires, suspension) I really like the stock look of vehicles especially this one. Would definetly like to stay around that, maybe a small cowl hood, new badgeless grill, new wheels, bigger tires, tinted windows and maybe a 4in lift. would like to see what you guys think and again thanks for taking the time to read this and for the input. Il have some pictures up soon! thanks for having me.

Grey Passmore

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I did too,
Welcome to FTF.

Ford Truck Articles