Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

84 Flareside

primetime

sawmill slave
That`s kind of what I`m leaning towards Duncan, stupid Hughesnet. It`s all we have though. Oh well. Strange it`s a recent problem.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Gotta love the flaresides, got mine out for the first time since last summer.

Could have went better :D

primetime

sawmill slave
Thought I would update this. Ended up dding most of last summer. Then my stepdaughter needed some wheels for a while until we could get her into something a little more appropriate for a momma with two kids.

Since she was driving it and winter was coming, I swapped out the welded diff for a traction lock unit I had laying around, new brake lines on the rear axle got the back brakes working, rebuilt the carb, rewired the headlights with relays so they were better then a flashlight out the window, thermostat, and picked up a set of 265/75 16s from my buddy. She drove it like that for a few months till we got her a car, Then I drove it for a few months until I bought my Super Duty.

It`s kinda become my little pass around truck, lol. My brother in laws Explorer tranny crapped the bed, so I offered to pull it out of mothballs while they figured that out. They`ve been driving it the last month.

Other then the rusty, crappy body, and the fuel mileage that makes you think there is a 460 under the hood instead of a 300, it`s been a great truck, even though daily driving wasn`t in the plan. Funny how plans change, lol. It`s had 20,000 miles put on it since I got it.

It did convince me though that Warn Premium hubs are a waste of money imho.

And no pics, it`s not here, lol. It doesn`t look any different other then having the same size tires all around.

Right on!! Nice truck. Pretty cool flareside., Been debating on putting flareside on my 86 , but make the box so it would be 8 ft flareside.

primetime

sawmill slave
Thanks guys. I do really like the truck, I just wish it wasn`t so crappy, body wise.

300s are great, I have always wanted to build one. I picked up an Offy intake for it, EFI exhaust manifolds, an EFI head, and scored a freshly rebuilt .040 short block that hasn`t been run yet. But my priorities have changed. That`ll happen.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Thanks guys. I do really like the truck, I just wish it wasn`t so crappy, body wise.

300s are great, I have always wanted to build one. I picked up an Offy intake for it, EFI exhaust manifolds, an EFI head, and scored a freshly rebuilt .040 short block that hasn`t been run yet. But my priorities have changed. That`ll happen.

Great to hear you still have the truck Justin YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles