Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ebay Bronco that might rival Scott's

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Wow, what a ride. Not something I see myself having a use for, but an incredibly well done truck.

Ryan

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
No.. That thing to me is butchered... Not original in any way...

And a 408 stroker only making 400 Hp?!?!!

Well no wonder cause he's got a gt40 intake choking it... Wonder what else is Fawked up on the engine build to be making that lil of Hp...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I don't see $90k in it .

That is a pretty outlandish figure, but he could be estimating labor, but even so....hard to believe.

I love watching those shows like Gas Monkey Garage and Counting Cars and see how much they put in a total rebuild and their figures are always around $20-40k.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I don't either except if he hired someone to do it and they raped him on labor

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Kinda what I was thinking.......

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That is a pretty outlandish figure, but he could be estimating labor, but even so....hard to believe.

I love watching those shows like Gas Monkey Garage and Counting Cars and see how much they put in a total rebuild and their figures are always around $20-40k.

I believe these prices also included labor as they tried to recover total costs of the builds.

So, $90k?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
$10k in paint
$8k in the motor
$10k in the drive train
$5k in wheels and tires
$5k in accessories
$5k in interior
Labor?

What esle?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
$10k in paint
$8k in the motor
$10k in the drive train
$5k in wheels and tires
$5k in accessories
$5k in interior
Labor?

What esle?

Would like to get Scott's take on this build....a really nice Bronco, but wonder what it really takes to get it this way or like his.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
A plain white paint job might cost 2k

I remember Duncan throwing around numbers close to $10k that he plans on doing for his dent build. I guess you can get crazy with different shades, glitter, two tones, etc., plus the type of paint involved. But don't know much about it other than what I've heard recently.

I remember on one of the car shows I mentioned earlier, they threw around a number of $8k for one paint job.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Try 17k for body/paint.
Which when you consider a shop rate of $75/hr, it adds up quickly.
It's not so much crazy paint or anything, it's the labor time getting it perfectly straight.
I've got over 50 hours into my frame...probably another 200 in all of the other things I've done.

I don't know if the guy has that much into that Bronco, but things add up in a hurry.

Using numbers that are given in TV shows are miles away from what things cost, I'm basing that on what I personally know from the home/garden shows...eg...total kitchen reno for $5k including everything...yeah right.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm not disagreeing....just trying to show how things can add up.
Take my 200+ hours into it...if I paid for that at a minimum of 75/hr....there is 15k.
He may have paid someone to do it...and so what if he did.
I have documentation on our Harley's that would probably shock you...and I sure as hell didn't have any wool pulled over my eyes.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Try 17k for body/paint.
Which when you consider a shop rate of $75/hr, it adds up quickly.
It's not so much crazy paint or anything, it's the labor time getting it perfectly straight.
I've got over 50 hours into my frame...probably another 200 in all of the other things I've done.

I don't know if the guy has that much into that Bronco, but things add up in a hurry.

Using numbers that are given in TV shows are miles away from what things cost, I'm basing that on what I personally know from the home/garden shows...eg...total kitchen reno for $5k including everything...yeah right.

Wow.....that's as much as the 79 F250. But, yeah, I guess to make sure the lines are right, the taping, sanding, door jams, etc. A professional, show quality, job can get up there.

I'm not disagreeing....just trying to show how things can add up.
Take my 200+ hours into it...if I paid for that at a minimum of 75/hr....there is 15k.
He may have paid someone to do it...and so what if he did.
I have documentation on our Harley's that would probably shock you...and I sure as hell didn't have any wool pulled over my eyes.

It's possible. I've known some wealthy people to have given someone a blank check to restore a vehicle having the costs get as high as this guys $90, so it has me rethinking if this guy really dumped that kind of money into it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
All I am trying to get at is that even if a person did all the work themselves, kept track of all hours and expenses and added it all up, it adds up in a hurry.

If you are paying someone...then it gets crazier faster...start throwing perfect NOS or factory items into the mix...you know how it goes.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Us $25,106.00

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I'd say its a +/-$30k rig, which if the usual statement of "only getting back a third of what you put into a project" is true then he might very well have $90k into it. EBs ain't cheap to begin with, a non running rust bucket can be 6-8k.

It was close to $10k to redo our floors and walls before we moved in, and we did the painting ourselves... that's just for perspective BTW...

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'd say its a +/-$30k rig, which if the usual statement of "only getting back a third of what you put into a project" is true then he might very well have $90k into it. EBs ain't cheap to begin with, a non running rust bucket can be 6-8k.

It was close to $10k to redo our floors and walls before we moved in, and we did the painting ourselves... that's just for perspective BTW...

I was told by a restoration "expert", that in a GOOD economy, one is lucky to return .25 on the dollar for PARTS only....not including all of your thousands of hours of love labor.

Ford Truck Articles