Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wheel Solution Help

Thanks for all of the kind welcomes. Here I go with my first question already.
My F3 has split rims which many on the forums agree are dangerous to work on and therefore make it hard to find a shop that will fool with them. I would like to keep my current rear end in my truck even though it screams at anything over 50 mph. Has anyone run across a single-piece rim swap that has the same lug pattern as the stock rims for the F3?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! Stu (truckdog) is our resident wheel expert and he can answer your question in greater detail. But I believe the general consensus is that since you have the newer rear end (post 1950) with the 12" brakes, any 16" 8 lug wheel commonly used on 3/4 ton trucks up through the mid 90's will fit your truck. The only problem comes into play if you desire to use the stock hubcaps, since the cap mount lugs are "outies" on the later wheels as opposed to the "innie" style used on the older trucks, pre '65ish.

Hope this helps.

Wayne pretty much said it, but I'll add a little. The early 14" F-3 rear brakes were changed to 12" Bendix in mid '51. Any '97 and earlier F-250 HD wheel will fit, as will more modern Dodge 3/4 ton 16s and 17s. To use the stock hub caps there are a few options. One is to find original 16" F-2/250 wheels, then there's the 17.5s and 19.5s that came on the seen in '56 on F-250s, Dodges, and Studebakers. IIRC these were available through '66. Stu

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts