Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

whats it worth?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ok guys.... im just wanting some ideas on how much a certain truck is worth...

its a 94 Lightning (#549 0f 4007). no motor or trans, but has a build rear end very similar to mine in my flareside. has extremely low miles on it overall, been garaged for several years just sitting, was built as a 408 stroker with some giggle juice. has a cowl hood, was professionally painted bout 6 years ago....

guy i know wants 3500 for it.... is it a fair price? just wondering

to me it seems like a fair price...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The body of the lightning itself is not very different from a regular gen 9... Buying that truck would just get you a gen 9 body with a fancy paint job, lightning bumpers, and lightning rear end... The motor is one of the bigger pieces of the lightning puzzle...

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
The body of the lightning itself is not very different from a regular gen 9... Buying that truck would just get you a gen 9 body with a fancy paint job, lightning bumpers, and lightning rear end... The motor is one of the bigger pieces of the lightning puzzle...

he has a complete '95 motor that he's willing to let go for a lil extra, tranny is seperate.... the point is its a true lightning.. thats where the value comes from...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I suppose so... If you think about it that way then yeah, you're just paying a bunch of money for the vin number...

OK everybody......all together,

:post pics:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
yes... like i said, its complete minus a engine and trans, but he has a '95 low mile complete from intake to oil pan he will let go also. everything else is all there like original.. just needs a engine and trans and a good wash....

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'm probably in the minority, but there are very few cars I would pay $3,500 with no motor or trans and a lightning wouldn't be on that list.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I like the truck, it has potential, but it's not really worth $3500. The most i'd pay is a very generous 2K, and that truck better come with every service record, and all the original documentation including window sticker.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I like the truck, it has potential, but it's not really worth $3500. The most i'd pay is a very generous 2K, and that truck better come with every service record, and all the original documentation including window sticker.

With no engine do you really need oil change receipts? :rolling laugh:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
also will have all this included......

Also I have every accessory bracket for the stock setup, the flywheel, starter, radiator, aftermarket equal length shorty headers, stock aluminum driveshaft and engine wiring harnesses. Currently the truck has an A9L computer as it was set up for mass air. All that will be included in the asking price..

Ford Truck Articles