Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

302 to 351C swap

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Would there be any thing special need to do this swap? besides engine mounts, would it be pretty much a direct swap over or would I need to get a bigger/ smaller brake booster?

Any input would be great, thanks.
Oh I should add that the engine comes with a C6 tranny..

Last edited:

ponydrvr72

Just dont try it,do it !
Most things look good,tranny, flywheel,booster should be fine. I wonder about the radiator hose lengths, coil wire,kickdown lever,carb cable,etc. the cleveland was a bigger block, also a new radiator might be in your future,but not sure.ever think about building a Boss 302? now would be the time,if you've got the cleveland heads your half way there.

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
motor mount are the same,so is the throttle linkage. i did the same swap 20 years ago in a 71 i had back then,just tryin to remember other things. id leave the c-4 you know that works! the flexplate starter will bolt to the clever. try to get all the brackets also with the motor. just make shure its a clevlend. ive seem it time and time again where folks will think a 351m is a c. the block has a 302 bell pattern and will have a D3 or older casting #

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles