Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wanted, efi 460 water pump pulley.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Andy, are you wanting to do a conversion? All the ones I've seen came stock with a 1 or 2 groove V belt pulley for the water pump. Everything else was on a serpentine belt.

On edit, OK, I lied. Below is a picture of my '89 with 460 EFI, and it has 2 serpentine belts, But I can't find(as you already know :D) an application for a serpentine pulley. That is strange, as many of them were made that way...........

DSCF2453.JPG

Last edited:

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Have you tried your local salvage yards, and eBay? You might want to give those two sources, as well as your local Ford dealer, for they might know where you might find one, or they could get one for you, and they might even cross reference it and see if there are any other vehicles and or engines that would use the same pulley. Give them a shot, and see what develops for you. Hopefully you find this helpful to yousmilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Have you tried your local salvage yards, and eBay? You might want to give those two sources, as well as your local Ford dealer, for they might know where you might find one, or they could get one for you, and they might even cross reference it and see if there are any other vehicles and or engines that would use the same pulley. Give them a shot, and see what develops for you. Hopefully you find this helpful to yousmilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo
460 didn come out in any Australian vehicle so dealer a no go, and only complete engines get imported and I've tried all the ones on mainland Australia and not one will seperate them. There isn't any on usa or Aust eBay so thought I'd ask here

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Negative, been shoulders deep in pulling the trans in the explorer. Along with the constant irrigation from above I didn't make it out. Should be better weather next weekend.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
I can't find one anywhere. Need the serpentine one, not a v belt one. I will pay top dollar if someone post one out. Pm me

Adrian/Fred, does someone like rockauto.com not have one? If they do and you can't get it, maybe I can help.

Fellro

Staff member
Negative on RA and many other places. Dorman is generally pretty good about making parts like that, but no dice.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
This one.........................

Use the crank and water pump pulleys off a 5 liter that doesn't use a tensioner. You might have to make a shim to get them to line up but you don't need a backwards turning water pump. The alternator and power steering pump off the 5 liter will work too but you'll need to make mounts. Mount them both on the drivers side and use the alternator for the tightener.

I got a pulley from 5.8 on it at moment!! but I already got a new water pump so don't want to buy another!!! I gunna go to a local parts store and see if there any that are similar off local cars that maybe fit.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts