Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rare '76 stepside - appraisal

This is an extremely rare truck. In fact, I challenge you to find one on google :)
I'd like to know what it's worth. It is a restoration vehicle- needs work all over. It would not be worth much if it were not rare. But its rarity is what gives it value... but how much?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 2.08.55 PM.png

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
You can build a stepside bed out out of parts from LMC. It also depends on options, engine transmission and what someone will pay for it.

I have one in the back lot.

Original owners. carb leaked caught fire. It's just sitting in the graveyard behind the shop. Its a 77 and by that point the SS were starting to be a thing of the past. Rarity not really, just started not to be as popular as the fleetsides. I love them them though we have a long term 63 SS we are working on, we are taking the step off so it will become a super short box and grafting in a big window out of a 62 Unibody.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
With literally millions of these things produced, there's not much rare, except maybe a rear defrost window or a still functional CB antenna. I'm on a half dozen 73-79 Ford truck facebook pages, and there are probably 5-10 of these that pop up a week. Sure, production numbers were significantly lower earlier on of the SB/flare/4x4...but a 20 minute grille swap if you prefer the earlier look, and bam...you're done. In that condition, my area would probably sell for $1500-2000. Region plays a heavy role in pricing...in some places it could fetch twice what my area supports. At the end of the day, it's still just a truck, which means, even if it is 'rare' (the most overused word by enthusiasts), it might claim a small premium (sub $1,000), but not enough to retire from.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
yeah.. well im also in a big arguement on Facebook's OBS page.. so im just in a fighting mood today i guess!!!

I really do think people are getting dumber on those pages...

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I really do think people are getting dumber on those pages...

Hey Ben, both of my dents are highboy camper specials....what are they worth?

smilietease

Yep, advertised as "Flareside" in the 1976 catalog. For whatever reason, I had always referred to it as a stepside. To me, the word flareside brings up images of something different, and stepside makes more sense because you can step up on the side :)
From what I've seen (more appropriately, never seen) is a truck like this one. Would love to see some pictures of this truck... Haven't seen any on the internet...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Put 1976 F150 flareside 4x4 into google images and you'll see tons of them.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts