Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2001 Taurus Wagon $2000 obo...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I bought this car for someone who needed some help, wasn't good enough for them, and I obviously don't need it. So I'm selling it. As the title says, 2001 Taurus Wagon...currently being DD'd, so I'll say 14X,XXX miles. I have an intimate knowledge of the car history, came from a family that just updated their vehicles. Always maintained at recommended intervals. It does have a salvaged title from flood damage about 7 years ago. I've personally driven this car on several 10-12 hour round trips, even took it out to the beach a few months back. I'll have pics up tonight, and can take any specific pics upon request. Post up here or PM me for any questions. Location is Salisbury, NC.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hey Ben, I need some help and want a 73-77 dent similar to mine....I'll take Red. My wife and I are thinking of having another child and we need another rig to pass down to him/her since the 77 is going to Brett!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^You got it wrong...you're supposed to say you need help, but not picky...but when I bring you something that will fill your needs, but not your wants...then tell me it's not good enough. Yeah, I'm bitter.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
^^^You got it wrong...you're supposed to say you need help, but not picky...but when I bring you something that will fill your needs, but not your wants...then tell me it's not good enough. Yeah, I'm bitter.

I don't blame you; I'd be a little short after such a gesture was turned down.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

I hear ya Ben....I was being sarcastic. My wife and I have done that and are totally amazed at the response. Family members kept trying to borrow our vehicles and we decided to get a junky "loaner' car for people to use whenever they want. For some reason, people stopped needing our vehicles and never asked again....hmmmmmm. That pisses me off too.

If I needed a ride, I wouldn't care if it didn't have AC while living in Texas, was all dented up, etc....as long as it was wheels, I'd be grateful for sure!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I know you were Ken...and in all actuality, this car is no junker. Everything runs as it should...it's just not a 'hot' car and rather utilitarian. Has A/C 6 disc changer, interior is perfect, etc. etc. Oh well, no good deed goes unpunished, so my loss is somebody's gain. If no interest real soon, I may just give it to my mom if she wants it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
As promised...pics:

Taurus1.jpg

Taurus2.jpg

Taurus3.jpg

Taurus4.jpg

Taurus5.jpg

Taurus6.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I have always liked those wagons for some reason. I think it would be perfect with a 302 rear wheel drive conversion. Keep the stock wheels and everything else stock.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
If I needed wheels on a budget, I'd be shelling out the cash now. Good luck with the sale.

Ryan

Absolutely! Wow, this looks like a really decent ride....can't imagine the people that turned it down....dang. I'd buy this thing in a heart beat!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Your gesture is good enough for the man guarding the pearly gates even if it wasn't good enough for the guy on earth.

If you don't get a sale and your mom dosent want it look into something like Childrens hospital or a charity like "Cars for Causes" They always need reliable wheels and your doubling up on the good deeds with a tax deduction.

Either way it is a nice lookin car that I'd probably drive even if I wasn't in dire straits. I'd imagine with the back seats folded down there's probably enough room to....well get lots of groceries or sumpthin...:wasntme:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks guys...blows me away how some react to a good deed.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Mostly, tauruses, especially wagons, aren't sexy was one comment that popped up...and I guess the interior was too utilitarian. Pardon me for thinking getting from A to B consitently and with confidence would take priority.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Anywho...mom decided she wanted it, and her exploder will go to my little bro when he gets his license in a couple months.

Ford Truck Articles