Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

FS: 95 F150 Centurion Crew Cab (BERTHA!)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The time has come guys. My new truck will be here in 2-3 weeks and I won't have room for Bertha anymore :( I haven't 'officially' put her on the market yet because I want to give first dibs to all the forum members. I'd prefer to sell it to someone I know, so I can keep track of her and make sure you're treating her right.

I can't blue book my truck because KBB doesn't know that Crew Cab F150s even existed in 95, so I blue booked an equivalently equipped SuperCab and it came out to $4530 in 'Good' condition. Right now it's got I think about 128k miles.

Being that I think the Crew Cab is a pretty large selling point, I'd like to get real close to that SuperCab blue book value of $4500. If you're interested, lets talk numbers.

I know you've all seen pictures so I'll save the whole photo album for another day-- here's a basic idea:

34c989cc.jpg

I can store it at my moms place for a little while but many months is out of the question (my mom wouldn't be happy)-- so if nobody here can take her fairly soon then I'll have to put it up on the market.

EDIT: I also plan on selling her AS IS. This means I will most likely be including the Cobra CB + Wilson whip, Pioneer head unit with MP3 CD and iPod hookup, 2 10" subs + amp behind the rear seats, wheels, tires, MAYBE the diamond plate toolbox...

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
You're on the wrong side!!! :headbang:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Not likely on the wrong side of the country...we all know what the the east coast represents :D.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Also-- feel free to use this thread for asking any questions about the truck.

Current items that need some attention (and I plan on fixing before selling) :
-I get a pop in the front end when taking hard turns at moderate speed (like swinging into a parking spot). About 99% sure this is ball joints
-Sag pump was used when I put it on the truck and it has developed a shriek when you crank it real hard. Works great but likes to tell you it's working hard :p Just needs a new pump swapped in
-Developed a coolant leak between the lower intake and the head this week. Needs a replacement gasket

I plan to fix these issues before selling but if I can't find the time before you arrive, I'll discount the price accordingly.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Many mods that I have performed are described in my signature picture.

Some of the larger maintenance and misc items that have been done in the past 30k miles include:
-All steering components replaced (Moog)
-Front wheel bearings (Timken), brake pads (Raybestos), and rotors (Motorcraft I believe...)
-All U-joints on front and rear driveshafts, 5 total (Spicer, non-greasable)
-Trans fluid has been drained and replace a couple times with Dino fluid (drained pan + TC)
-Aftermarket trans cooler to replace the factor unit (I believe B&M)
-Aftermarket Derale deep trans pan w/ drain plug and cooling tubes
-Trans temp gauge installed on dash (Autometer)
-Tires only have maybe 10-14k miles on them-- I'd have to look it up for an exact number
-Of course the gears in the front and rear axles were replaced when I did the gear swap-- also put in a new Ford LS unit in the rear at that time (confirmed working GREAT in the snow)
-Bilstein 5100 shocks installed maybe 10-15k miles ago
-Rear bumper is brand new factory Ford bumper replaced maybe 5-8k miles ago (tailgate also replaced with a used unit, but repainted before installation)

I also installed Bulldog keyless entry with remote start.

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
any major mechanical issues you have delt with and fixed over the years?
I have not had any major mechanical issues. I'd say this gasket in the lower intake is the biggest one. The truck has never left me without a vehicle to drive until now.

Was left stranded in a snow storm by failed auto-hubs. But I have since replaced those with Warn Permium manual hubs.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I also replaced the hitch receiver with a much stouter unit-- rated for pulling 10k lbs non-distributed (more than the truck is rated to pull).

EDIT-- It's also got a good electronic break controller (don't remember the brand).

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I can also provide receipts/records for nearly everything that has been done to the truck-- even the stuff from before I owned it. The previous owner was even more neurotic than me.

For info about the individual jobs, you can probably find threads about most of them here on FTF.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
IFS, EFI, SBF, CHROME, FLAWLESS PAINTJOB, BLING WHEELS.

Hahahaha yep, your right, not the truck for me. :D

But in all seriousness, it is a clean truck, its a nice truck. If it had a 7.3 and was that clean i would pick it up from ya for sure. But best of luck with the sale man!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts