Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

92 F150 Flareside

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Hahaha. By the time he drives it home there will be no engine left in the Ranger.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Still looks better then the junk Ranger.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Well his ad will stay on the first page and he will sell it quicker because of the high exposure. We are just trying to help. YelloThumbUp

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yep from experience I would say to let her sit a few months, or a year (like i did) and then get back to her. TRUST me when I tell you you DON'T want to sell her. If it is truely your dream truck then find a way to make it work.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yeah it is easier to just fix it LOL

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
i just had to sleep on it and get my head straight.. i pretty much knew deep down inside i probably wouldnt sell it..

this is the 5th time i've done this limbo...

and every time within a couple of hours of posting it on craiglist i get 3-5 phone calls about it...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
You obviously love the truck so just redo the gasket. Maybe you had some trouble getting the head down straight and nicked the gasket. Use some threaded rod to help guide the head down straight and you should be alright. I know it sucks having to pull the intake and all again, but I think you'll be happier in the end. Cost wise you will still be money ahead. If you lived closer I'd help you out.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
You obviously love the truck so just redo the gasket. Maybe you had some trouble getting the head down straight and nicked the gasket. Use some threaded rod to help guide the head down straight and you should be alright. I know it sucks having to pull the intake and all again, but I think you'll be happier in the end. Cost wise you will still be money ahead. If you lived closer I'd help you out.

yep i know... just gotta get time to do it all over again...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yeah time is always an issue. Best thing I could say is to set a few hours at least Sat. and Sundays as a goal or all day if you can. Or an hour or two a night after work. Since it is the second time you are doing it you might find it to go a little faster.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The 3 months you'll be collecting parts should be a perfect amount of time to walk away from it. It's doing no harm to you just sitting. So while it's still relatively together, why not use this as a test run to see if you and Ann can survive with one vehicle.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts