Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

build thread

i guess i'll do a build thread, not sure where to start. i won't be doing a frame off resto until maybe next winter. need to find another vehicle to use as a dd before i can go too deep into this one. for now i'm just going to replace the front clip, fix the electrical issues, and replace a few things.

yesterday i had to fix the brake booster vacuum line again this time i made an extension for the clamp to give the ling a better angle so it wouldn't split again, also made a block off plate for the egr valve.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.JPG
  • IMG_0112.JPG
going to fix all of this stuff, cab is pretty much rust free.

Attachments

• IMG_0125.JPG
  • IMG_0117.JPG
  • IMG_0115.JPG
  • IMG_0114.JPG
  • IMG_0126.JPG
this is why the front clip is being replaced

Attachments

• IMG_0119.JPG
  • IMG_0120.JPG
  • IMG_0121.JPG
i might gear it down, either way going to do the gaskets and clean the housings up. get rid of one of the blocks at least.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
  • IMG_0122.JPG
not sure how many times it rolled over, or how accurate it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
the day after i got it home

and the most recent

Attachments

• IMG_0774.JPG
  • IMG_0778a.jpg
  • IMG_0088.JPG
  • 1268966_583140611742122_1336330982_o - Copy.jpg
engine bay the day after i got it home..
will get a current picture shortly

Attachments

• IMG_0782.JPG
  • IMG_0781a.jpg
interior when i brought it home.. those are fuzzy dice and i ripped them off as soon as i got the truck haha

Attachments

• IMG_0783.JPG
this is going to be a slow build as i am going to school and don't have the time or money for everything right now.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
i might gear it down, either way going to do the gaskets and clean the housings up. get rid of one of the blocks at least.

I thought you were wanting to drop your rpm's?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Are you sure you have 3.73's?....reason I ask is that they never made those gears in factory in a 4x4.

The tag said 3.73 I'm pretty sure ill go take a look at it and see what the door tag says.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I might be wrong but I spent a good amount of time trying to source NOS 3.73's for my 79...found out that way that they never made them.

There is a difference of 76 tire rotations between 35 and 30 inch tires per mile which is a difference of 700 feet. When my tach goes a mile I really went 5980 feet. Or 1.13 miles.
So when I do 60 miles an hour with 30s I travel 60 mile in an hour and with 35s I would be traveling 67.8 miles. But the truck still thinks its 60.
So my speedo is off about 8-10 mph. Right?

Ford Truck Articles