Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 11

Generation 11 2004-2008 F150

Old 05-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I don't think the 5.5' bed existed until the modern trucks, circa 1997-2003 generation.

Ryan
Old 05-23-2018, 11:50 AM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post

Wow! You did it again! Love it!
Iím trying to get a set of the early King Ranch rims for my truck. Such nice rims those King Ranch versions came with. Levelling kit is a must with these trucks.
Looks so good!!
Old 05-24-2018, 08:54 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Ken, I believe carbureted ford trucks ended in 1986.The later carbureted trucks were a feedback type, which presented its own set of problems.
So, anything carbed is going to be impossible to find with both a short bed and an extra cab.....ugh! I'll settle with the Gen 8's and 9's and still be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Rattlecan View Post
Yes, I don't think the 5.5' bed existed until the modern trucks, circa 1997-2003 generation.

Ryan
Yeah...someone was telling me, the last several years, the new trucks were people's CARS with a bed....they weren't built to work like they were back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amkatt1 View Post
Wow! You did it again! Love it!
I’m trying to get a set of the early King Ranch rims for my truck. Such nice rims those King Ranch versions came with. Levelling kit is a must with these trucks.
Looks so good!!
You're right....leveling kit really makes the truck for sure!
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."

Last edited by taxreliever; 05-24-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:08 AM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
Yeah...someone was telling me, the last several years, the new trucks were people's CARS with a bed....they weren't built to work like they were back in the day.
They can be.... but if you want a base model truck, you can get the same "workness" out of it. Probably even better.

Buuuuuttt if you want a King Ranch with 6 doors and a 2 foot bed, I'm sure that will come out soon.

Ryan
Old 05-24-2018, 12:29 PM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
They can be.... but if you want a base model truck, you can get the same "workness" out of it. Probably even better.

Buuuuuttt if you want a King Ranch with 6 doors and a 2 foot bed, I'm sure that will come out soon.

Ryan
That would be cool actually!
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 05-24-2018, 08:05 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Ryan
If he has enough money, I'll build him one.....
Old 05-25-2018, 04:32 AM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
If he has enough money, I'll build him one.....
I actually thought about that.....my DREAM truck would have been:
-a Gen 6,
-extra cab,
-5.5 ft box,
-automatic,
-ac,
-4wd, manual locking hubs
-3" lift, 33's
-small V8, carb

I told my wife the only way I'd get this is to find someone who had already custom built one or to have someone custom build one for me.....both of which I don't think will happen or have happened already.

How much would it take to build something like that. Not a show truck, but a nice functional truck that would last me 30 years with no problems?
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote: