Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new member pictures of my 1969 made a couple of mods

some pictures

DSC01169-1.jpg
DSC01172-1.jpg

KW to HP

What is boss 250?

I like the pit in your sig. :)
It states the power out put of the engine in kilowatts instead of hourse power. It's an Aus boss engine, the same as Ford US used in thier GT but we use it in our sedans and utes. its 290 which is 400hp however this engine is about 550hp.
DSC01176.jpg

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
After i posted, i recalled seeing that somewhere before...

Thanks for the reply though, good info to know!

Street plan's for the truck or is it going to be a trailer queen?

driver

Going to be a driver, replacing the chassis at the moment for a purpose built chassis with c6 front suspension and after thats done will be dropping the comp on the engine from current 11.5 to 1 to 9.8 to 1 for a kenny bell 2.8 or 3.6 blower. After 700 to 800 hp at the fly wheel.Will drive to local shows but will only be on a trailer if broken.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
When you refer to the GT...you talking about the GT supercar?, if so that engine had a Lysholm twin screw supercharger as factory equipment..is it a different GT that has a different name here?..cool looking truck/engine!

My engine uses a GT supercar alloy block and heads but was built in Australia for GT production car racing.The USA GT supercar is the same as the Aus boss engine with out the blower, our production car 5.4 quad cams have a cast iron block.We never got the 4.6 in any factory ford here only 5.4 quad cam in sedans and utes.The only 4.6 engines here have been personal imports as we don't get the mustang here but our GT is a sedan with 400 to 500 hp.We can buy a ford ute with the 5.0 supercharged coyote engine or sedan which can be fun with an empty ute and 500hp on a wet road.I imagine that once ford build one platform for thier sedans world wide we may then get the mustang as the floor pan will suit both left and right hand drive.We also don't get any F trucks at the moment as they don't pass our pollution requirments.

My engine uses a GT supercar alloy block and heads but was built in Australia for GT production car racing.The USA GT supercar is the same as the Aus boss engine with out the blower, our production car 5.4 quad cams have a cast iron block.We never got the 4.6 in any factory ford here only 5.4 quad cam in sedans and utes.The only 4.6 engines here have been personal imports as we don't get the mustang here but our GT is a sedan with 400 to 500 hp.We can buy a ford ute with the 5.0 supercharged coyote engine or sedan which can be fun with an empty ute and 500hp on a wet road.I imagine that once ford build one platform for thier sedans world wide we may then get the mustang as the floor pan will suit both left and right hand drive.We also don't get any F trucks at the moment as they don't pass our pollution requirments.

In case anyone is getting lost with the terminology of the word Ute, think back when Ford built the Ranchero here in the states....

The Australian Ford Falcon XR6 Ute...
Satelliteblobcolurlpictureblobheaderimage2Fjpegblobheadername1Cache-Controlblobheadername2Content-Dispositionblobheadervalue1max-age3D1000bl.jpg

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yea its... interesting, sleek kinda sexy but not quite right? haha...

At first sight i thought those cars were repulsive, but to be honest its slowly growing on me... :)

Duncan impressive knowledge on the GT tidbits... ;)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Sounds like the same block as the GT500's until they went all aluminium..thanks for the info!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think it was 2011 that the GT500 went to an all aluminium block. My understanding about the cast block in the GT500 boiled down to $$$$.
The fact that the GT engine also had a dry sump oiling system might have played into it as well...they didn't have to screw around with the cast block, it was ready as is for production.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
That makes since, been a few years since i've been "out of the loop" on the gt500's....

Random question.

Wth is a gt 350?
Anybody know?
(im to lazy to search at the moment)
saw one cruising down the street yesterday, was mildly confused.
Also rough 428R? Looked like a sticker package and a different exhaust either the driver was all fail or that car is really a pretty gt.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That makes since, been a few years since i've been "out of the loop" on the gt500's....

Random question.

Wth is a gt 350?
Anybody know?
(im to lazy to search at the moment)
saw one cruising down the street yesterday, was mildly confused.
Also rough 428R? Looked like a sticker package and a different exhaust either the driver was all fail or that car is really a pretty gt.

GT350 was a special production by Shelby USA..if I recall correctly. Are you maybe thinking about the Roush 427?...that is a Jack Roush Mustang with a S/C that develops 427HP.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Mmmm Utes. One of the few cars I could see myself paying well to import.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
427R?
Could have been, its POSSIBLE that it was S/C but if so that guy was feathering alot.
Whatever the number was i know it had a R after it, and it was a Roush stang...

Thanks for the tip on the 350, was that like an apperance package or did it have a few go fast goodies?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
427R?
Could have been, its POSSIBLE that it was S/C but if so that guy was feathering alot.
Whatever the number was i know it had a R after it, and it was a Roush stang...

Thanks for the tip on the 350, was that like an apperance package or did it have a few go fast goodies?

I believe the 427R was S/C..I could be wrong. The GT350 was available either way from 440HP up...going by memory mind you :D

Ford Truck Articles