Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tuners

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Power Hungry Performance
http://powerhungryperformance.com/

Bill Cohorn was one of Edge's original programmers and in fact uses their platform for their tuners. He has also custom tuned a number of Ford vehicles for Ford corporate. When I had my truck it was custom tuned by them. They are very affordable and just nice people all around.

I would never run a stock tuner. Bill can customize your tune to do damn near anything.

It looks as if this guy is only in CA and GA. With being in VA and moving to CO soon, that's not feasible. But thanks, CaFordDude!

I'm just looking for a good programmer with the basics. The two previously mentioned seemed to be the top of the line...I just wanted to get some user opinions before making a final decision.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
No prob but not sure where you got that he was only ca and ga. He lives and works out of Georgia. But ships tuners all over the county.

I don't have anything to add about your selections. Good luck with your decision.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
No worries. I have done that before. I guarantee you would be satisfied with a tuner from bill

And just so it is out there I am nothing more then a satisfied customer of his.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Unless your willing to delete the DPF, you are very limited to what a tuner will accomplish on a 6.4. You can get some gains, but you won't get maximum return on your investment. 22mpg HWY, is not unheard of with a DPF delete, exhaust and custom tune.

I'm going to run a DPF delete. I've read that is a big stick in the side on the 6.4L. My truck got 22MPG driving it home from the dealer so, I'm thinking with DPF, a tune, meth injection, intake and exhaust...I should be able to squeeze out close to 30 hwy.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
I'm going to run a DPF delete. I've read that is a big stick in the side on the 6.4L. My truck got 22MPG driving it home from the dealer so, I'm thinking with DPF, a tune, meth injection, intake and exhaust...I should be able to squeeze out close to 30 hwy.

never gonna get 30 not gonna happen ever. sorry. maybe MAYBE hit 24-25..... only if on an economy tune and keep your foot out of it big big time
also if you moving to Colorado, you'll get worse gas mileage there due to the elevation and hills/mountains

Last edited:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I just picked up a H&S xrt pro tuner for a buddy of mines truck, gonna be doing a cat/dpf delete as well. Tuner looks nice and easy to use.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts