Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > General Conversation

Old 01-09-2019, 08:02 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Waterpump change

So after discovering the source of my cooking coolant smell was coming from the water pump leaking ive spent the last 3 weeks trying to get it changed... Ordered a new Bullet Proof Diesel water pump just before Christmas. Which eventually arrived a day late because of Fed Ex incompetence... Then i came down with the Flu for a week.. (that wasnt fun).. started feeling better on the 3rd and weather held me up till the 5th... i started ripping into the engine then... unfortunately no matter how hard i smacked my new wrench with a 5lb mini sledge the fan clutch nut wouldnt budge... ended up bending a pry bar and broke a rental tool as well that was made to hold the waterpump pulley in place...

all the You-Tube videos showed people easily getting that nut off.. i tried spraying the crap outta it with penetrate oil... woulda used heat but couldnt get the propane bottle in there.. (and cant find my extender hose that woulda let me use the nozzle separately...).. that nut just wouldnt budge...

mine just had to be difficult... so i broke down and bought the expensive Air Hammer tools made for busting that nut loose... it still wouldnt budge with that either... least at first...

After an hr of using the air hammer to try and turn the fan clutch nut it finally popped loose... just held the trigger for an hr.. and still had to shove something in the pulley holes as it was just turning the pulley even with the belt still on...

old nasty pump

it was apparently leaking from the little freeze plug hole judging by the trail...

Got the new pump in... but that was a fun event too... right now all i have back on is the pump the fan and clutch.. along with the intake elbow... everything else still needs reconnected...

and the reason for the additional "fun" of putting the new one in.. went to tighten the waterpump to plate bolts and one of them ripped the threads out of the hole.. GRRRR... so had to go buy a new "thread kit" since i didnt have one in that size.. only size i had was the m6x1's for the valve cover gasket and ones for doing spark plug threads.. (yes that is supposed to be spark plug.. not glow plug)...

in case yall ever have to do those bolt holes... heres the size...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2019, 01:31 PM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
Well ,I hope you feel better from that flu!.....

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....
Old 01-10-2019, 10:54 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Got the truck back together today. What a pita that was too. Every piece fought me trying to put it back in. What shoulda been an hr took me 4.
Doesnt help my wrist is sore (think i slept on it). And since it was blowin like crazy today ntm very cold wind we put up a nice little wind break.

Have been wondering since i got the truck. Anyone know why theres this extra hole near the hood catch?? Or is mine the only one to have this hole??

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 01-11-2019, 05:57 AM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
The hole is one of many where the points of the jig hold the pieces together for the spot welder to set it as one panel
Old 01-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Virginia Chapter member

just seems weird to have that massive odd shaped hole there. when none of my other hoods have ever had something like that there....

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 01-11-2019, 09:11 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
That's the hole for the brake shoe rubber plug...… Sounded like a fun job, Shawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!