Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Electric Window issues 1994 f150

I am having some window issues with my 1994 ford f150 single cab 2wd 302 engine. My window will roll down when i push the button for it to go down but when ever i want to roll it up i can hear the motor inside the door making a noise but my window will not go up unless i pull it up by hand while pushing the button at the same time. But when the window is up it will stay up but if i have the window cracked the glass will fall into the door. Luckily the glass hasn't broken on me yet but i would like to figure out what the issue is before i have to fix more than one problem. If someone could please help a fellow ford lover out. Thank you!

I have replaced multiple window motors out in a 1994 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 1997 monte carlo, 2000 chevy lumina which was very similar to the monte carlo so that one was kind of easy and ive helped switch out my buddies little toyota paseo so i don't think it will be that bad to switch out.

Check Rockauto.com I bought the left side regulator w/ motor for $67 + shipping. For mine they also show a gear kit for about $10. Might be well worth it to check it out.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
They do sell gear kits cheap still have to remove motor to fix drill out 3 rivets and bolt in when done. . I have only had to replaced one in 20 plus trucks over years . But have made lots of truck have power windows . See what used costs .

Tyler, how did this work out for you?
I just did the whole shootin' match, on my recently-acquired '97, but the irony of it is that the dealer supposedly 'fixed it' as part of my purchase agreement. I could have taken it back to them, but why would I trust it to be done right, the second time?

Ford Truck Articles