Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my 66 eff series

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
Oh yeah! Im excited now. The gears are rolling!

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
Ah ,nothing like motivation!.....Musta got parts...smilieeatndrink

I wish I was there ,Id give ya a free hand ,love working
on rides ,even if its cleaning parts!..:)

Alot of parts. Wish I could be home to see how many trucks roll up. Wednesday and Friday will be the big delivery days.

If you was in GA id be down, have a cooler of beer ready.

Alot of parts. Wish I could be home to see how many trucks roll up. Wednesday and Friday will be the big delivery days.

If you was in GA id be down, have a cooler of beer ready.

Yea buddy ,working on old rides is a good past time ,that's for sure!
I miss those days with my friends back in the day...:)

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
I hear ya, only problem is no one I know has the knowledge or experience for old cars. Not many people like to get dirty anymore

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
getting the tires tomorrow, Cooper Cobras, 10 wide in the front, and 12 in the rear. Brakes and fuel should be plumbed today. I got the front signal housings refurbished and sprayed the wheels silver yesturday. SO CLOSE

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those are some healthy boots!

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
Those are some healthy boots!

healthy boots, for a healthy 351 I have. Havent started building, but the rear end will handle 800. So I have some room with the engine. The rebuild when I got it was supposed to be 400 or so.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What's the 351 build going to be?

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
What's the 351 build going to be?

havent planned that far ahead yet. When I do, the trans is coming out to be built up too. Im more concerned getting it running and driving, so I can utilize my shop for most the big shit

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
13139044_10209402291684844_8261506520286948713_n.jpg

13095795_10209402291564841_2360791039563400115_n.jpg

New shoes came home.

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
Those fit in between the wheel wells very nicely.

Good. I need the traction. Old school look helps too. Im going for the old school look, I have the paint in mind too. Going with a 60s-70 style. But will involve pearls and metallics. Dumped exhaust, clean shaven vehicle with some new style tech add ons.

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
The wheels that are on it now, sit inside the fender about 3 inches, and are too skinny and small. But makes sense since it was a Farm truck, and rarely driven. I still love the fact its under 40k origional. Everything is origional, besides 1 rear drum on the the truck, and the brown shitty paint

The wheels that are on it now, sit inside the fender about 3 inches, and are too skinny and small. But makes sense since it was a Farm truck, and rarely driven. I still love the fact its under 40k origional. Everything is origional, besides 1 rear drum on the the truck, and the brown shitty paint

That should wipe off!.....smilieeatndrink

Ohhh ,nice shoes by the way!....

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
That should wipe off!.....smilieeatndrink

Ohhh ,nice shoes by the way!....

Ill have my buff guy polish it hahahaha. Plan to paint both my trucks by the end of this year, hope to get them in the booth at the same time

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
update:

front wheels mounted and i had to stare for quite some time. Ill post the pic tonight
Brakes got plumbed, bled, and hold solid pressure for origional master cylinder
fuel tank is between the rails. Finish plumbing fuel tonight
Truck so CRANK, and ran for a couple seconds burning the old fuel.

Big_Texxan

Georgia Chapter member
13139297_10209432601882580_7500606730791663787_n.jpg

13100958_10209433374581897_6128694567403379559_n.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts