Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Buying a Bronco

Hey

I am going to be buying a full size Bronco in a month or two. Im looking mainly at the 80s and 90s body styles. I just wanted to knpw what kinda stuff I should look for to be sure Im getting a good one. Thanks!

Michael

If you're buying from anywhere they coat the roads, I'd look for rust. I would also be aware of "modifications", as there are a lot of hack jobs that could turn out to be your headache.

Other than that, I'd imagine that you would treat it as any other used vehicle purchase, just be patient and don't jump because it looks pretty on the outside.

If you're buying from anywhere they coat the roads, I'd look for rust. I would also be aware of "modifications", as there are a lot of hack jobs that could turn out to be your headache.

Other than that, I'd imagine that you would treat it as any other used vehicle purchase, just be patient and don't jump because it looks pretty on the outside.

Thanks for the info! I'm in Georgia so not much road coating here.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
One more question. I have a son who is almost 2 years old. Will the fact that the Bronco is a 2 door be a pain? Am I better off with a 4 door SUV? Like a Explorer?

I had a 1986 Bronco. It was an amazing little 4x4 with more than enough room for the kids and some gear. It never bothered me having to reach in to get the twins in their seats. (Yes twins! And a single dad too)

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
If you're leaving the seat in there, you'll be fine, but if you take it out all the time, that would be a royal pain in the tush.

Good luck on the Bronco hunt. I'm partial to the 1992-1996 body style. Plus they're newer and more likely to be in better shape.

Ryan

I had a 1985 Mustang GT that I used as a daily driver for 15yrs with a child as a mostly single dad. As a matter of fact my now 14yr old daughter was quite bummed when I sold it last year.

If you go for what you like, you'll adapt accordingly and I'm sure the kiddo won't mind riding in an awesome Bronco. ;)

Last edited:
I had a 1985 Mustang GT that I used as a daily driver for 15yrs with a child as a mostly single dad. As a matter of fact my now 14yr old daughter was quite bummed when I sold it last year.

If you go for what you like, you'll adapt accordingly and I'm sure the kiddo won't mind riding in an awesome Bronco. ;)

My son is almost 2 and soon as we go outside points at my frontier going ruck! Ruck!! And his favorite toy is a little ford 150......im so proud. He even gets upaet if we put him in my ex wife's corolla and not the truck lol

My 3 year old granddaughter LOVES my Bronco and asks where it is if I'm not driving it. She sits up high in her seat and can see out the front and sides. She is always asking to go for a ride in it.
Don't be afraid to crawl under the truck when you are looking at it. Tailgate is the most time and money consuming part of it. Good luck in your search and wait for the right one.

Ford Truck Articles