Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

OEM Hot Rodding

Hi guys, I recently got a 63' F-100 Styleside shortbed. I've never really been that into fords so I could use some help. I grew up with chevys, and would oten take OEM parts from one vehicle to improve on another. I would like to do the same and budget build with junkyard take offs if possible.

As it sits, My F-100 is a stock 223 with a fresh rebuild. 3.03 column shift with 4:11 gears. I want to make it a nice semi-daily driver. I've found a Hurst floor shifter to make life a bit more normal so far. The brakes are currently shot (lines rusted out) and I would like to upgrade if possible to power disc while I'm there. I's also like to switch to a more highway friendly gearing (3.00 or 3.25 maybe). Any help you can provide with year and modelfor swaps would be great, I would like to lower eventually, but I'll wait till later to worry about suspension. Thanks

Brau-The 63 was a transitional year pickup. There isn't a lot of support out there. While I think these are awesome trucks the most practical piece of advice I can give you is find a donor rig and modernize from the git. Parts get expensive real fast if you try to hold on to stuff with this vehicle. Mid seventies V8 with auto are good donors, Mid 80's pickups also, early 90's passenger cars (mustang whatever with stick or auto) also work. good luck. and happy hunting

Ford Truck Articles