Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Black Beast eD Stereo Worklog -- Photos

Storm

The time has come for the job to start. This is a rather HUGE project and one that will test my ability to finish without cussing too much!

New updates, final hardware lay out. Most of it has shown up, still waiting on few components so I'll progress as much as possible.

Hardware

(1) Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD
(1) Pioneer IPOD Direct Connect
(1) Elemental Design NINe.1 (1200w x 1 @ 1 Ohm)
(1) Elemental Deisgn NINe.4 (65w x 4 @ 4 Ohm)
(3) Elemental Design 11Kv.2 10" Subwoofers (600w RMS)
(1) Elemental Design e9.65 6-1/2" Component (65w RMS)
(1) Alpine Type-R 5 x 7 Rears (100w RMS)

KnuKonceptz Wiring and Digital Distro Box

(2.5 rolls) RAAMmat BXT
(7 yards) Ensolite​

Schedule

Friday, March 06 - Strip cab down to bare metal.

Saturday, March 07 - Work half a day, will start on the sound deadening around 2pm CST.

Sunday, March 08 - Continue the sound deadening.

Monday, March 09 - Do the BIG 4 upgrade on the battery system.

Tuesday, March 10 - Install and run wiring for door speakers (Hope to god my box has shipped. Still waiting on SuperCrewSound.)

Wednesday, March 11 - Run wiring for amps and start laying down carpet.

Thursday, March 12 - Box has already or should be arriving by today. Install subwoofers and finish wiring. Run a power test, green across the board, reinstall all the panels.

Friday, March 13 - Tune the system and enjoy the pleasure. Start a ritual sacrifice of chickens to ward off me EVER wanting to do this type of project again! LOL.​

Storm's sweet words

I took a week off work for this, really needed to use my vacation time. I thought vacation meant not doing anything? LOL.

I will post photos every day when I get work done or take a break. Will try to keep everyone up-to-date on the progress. This is a solo fly, TNT is out fishing so I don't have his support if things go south.

Reminder, photos will appear towards end of thread or somewhere in between. I won't be updating the first post.

----------------- PHOTOS ------------------

ed_001.jpg

ed_002.jpg

ed_003.jpg

ed_004.jpg

ed_005.jpg

ed_006.jpg

ed_007.jpg

ed_008.jpg

ed_009.jpg

ed_010.jpg

ed_011.jpg

ed_012.jpg

ed_013.jpg

ed_014.jpg

ed_015.jpg

Enjoy! Yes the carpet is black! I'm going for a two-tone gray and black setup like the exterior. I will be getting the seats re-done in black leather with the centers done in gray. Need to change out the headliner too.

'badachang'

Storm

Day 2

I got all of the sound deadening done with exception of the front doors. I have to go see my buddy next week to get some MDF plates made for the front components. After that the front door will be sealed up and ensolite laid out. I'm going to go ahead and drop the carpet tomorrow and get it cut and prepared for installation. Also need to run some wiring too. I'm still not sure on the outcome of my box, least to say I'm not happy. I probably won't go through them again because the delay is too much. My friend owns an audio shop down here and would have charged me $200 for a box and had it built that day, instead I elected to save $50 and get one from our sponsor.

------- PHOTOS -------

ed_016.jpg

ed_017.jpg

ed_018.jpg

ed_019.jpg

ed_020.jpg

ed_021.jpg

ed_022.jpg

ed_023.jpg

ed_024.jpg

ed_025.jpg

ed_026.jpg

ed_027.jpg

ed_028.jpg

Damn. :)

Looks good so far. Nice project. :D

Storm

Update

Well the black carpet may not be coming this time. It's a PITA to install carpet and a few mishaps have left gaps. I'm going to see what I can do to fix it. Otherwise I may put the old carpet back in until I get another black carpet. Aye carumba.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
good night!There's almost as much money in Dynomat as there is in stereo equipment.......glad mine's a singles cab and I wanna do that!Looks good!

Storm

good night!There's almost as much money in Dynomat as there is in stereo equipment.......glad mine's a singles cab and I wanna do that!Looks good!

That's actually RAAMmat, WAY cheaper then Dynomat LOL.

Storm

Update

I totally fubar'd the carpet and had to order a new one. That will set back my schedule, but not too terrible. I went ahead and put the ensolite on the rear doors, put the panels back on, and buttoned it down. With a layer of aluminum and ensolite, the panel is really TOUGH to put on. It's on with no gaps but it's not easy. I figured this with all the padding I put in that it would occur. I've also finished the big 4 upgrade on the charging system and got the lead prepared for the run to the back cab distribution system. This K-flex 0 ga is amazing, quite easy to manuever around areas.

ed_029.jpg

ed_030.jpg

ed_031.jpg

ed_032.jpg

Storm

Update

I got most of the ensolite laid down for the floor. Also went and had my buddy cut the doors and make MDF plates for my 6-1/2" Components. Front doors are finished now. All that I'm waiting on is some additional wiring, sub box, and the replacement carpet for the one I fubar'd. So for now I'm at a halt. Can't do anything without the carpet. I did learn that the NINe.4 4ch amp is going to be TIGHT under the small seat. I was hoping to install everything then put the back seat in. However, now I will have to wrestle with that big pita and then move it forward into the front cab and run the cabling. I have probably 1/2" space on each side of the 4 channel. Wish Ford never put in an 80/20 split seat. Biggest damn mistake they ever made on this truck.

----- PHOTOS ------

ed_033.jpg

ed_034.jpg

ed_035.jpg

ed_036.jpg

ed_037.jpg

ed_038.jpg

ed_039.jpg

ed_040.jpg

ed_041.jpg

ed_042.jpg

ed_043.jpg

ed_044.jpg

Storm

Update

Subwoofer box and carpet will arrive tomorrow. I'm stoked! I've got the rear speakers and front component wires ran. It was a bit tricky in the front, with the 6 1/2" and tweets, I have to run two sets of speaker leads. I went through the door boot for a clean test, which is where the trouble comes. You can't access the boot hole from inside the truck, it's midway up the dash so you have to angle the wire down and push hard until you see it pop out under the dash. After that it was a while tugging and pulling to get the wire through. I will say I'm very pleased I went with the speaker wire from KnuKonceptz. It's not only twisted pair but it's also sleeved in a thick cover so I didn't have to worry about pulling and ripping wire or cutting it. It was worth the $75 for 150 feet! I ran all the wiring to the areas where they belong and taped it down. The ensolite is very tacky so the electrical tape will not move. In fact, if you try to remove it without being careful you will rip the ensolite. Excellent way to route wiring. I think it's very clean and professional. Everything will stay under the carpet with access cut outs to go into components. The Crossover boxes for the front will go on the middle hump (you see one pictured.) Then the big amp for Subs under the 80 seat and the small 4-channel amp under the 20 seat.

Tomorrow I will put the subs into the box, wire them up and do the carpet. Hopefully I will have the system complete tomorrow and will be able to start testing everything. I'm super excited!

Everything is soldered, including the push on clips. I do not use crimps.

----- PHOTOS -----

ed_053.jpg

ed_054.jpg

ed_055.jpg

ed_056.jpg

ed_057.jpg

ed_058.jpg

ed_059.jpg

ed_060.jpg

ed_061.jpg

ed_062.jpg

ed_063.jpg

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
storm.. remember when i win the lotto that truck is mine

Storm

storm.. remember when i win the lotto that truck is mine

Sure. I'll sell it for the introductory price of $159,999.99 with free shipping or personal delivery!

Lookin good Storm.

Thanks Aaron. Just doing my part to annoy and piss off the law enforcement in my area! ;) LMAO.

I got pulled over the other day on my way to get the doors cut. Got caught in a motorbike cop speed trap. He tagged me with laser and stepped into the road and pointed for me to pull over. Walked up and goes "HOLY **** (no lie) WHAT HAPPEN TO YOUR TRUCK!?". All I had was the drivers seat and no interior. I told him I was on my way to the Audio shop to get the doors cut. He laughed and gave me a warning. Said to be careful and keep it slow. I was rolling!

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Sure. I'll sell it for the introductory price of $159,999.99 with free shipping or personal delivery!

Thanks Aaron. Just doing my part to annoy and piss off the law enforcement in my area! ;) LMAO.

I got pulled over the other day on my way to get the doors cut. Got caught in a motorbike cop speed trap. He tagged me with laser and stepped into the road and pointed for me to pull over. Walked up and goes "HOLY **** (no lie) WHAT HAPPEN TO YOUR TRUCK!?". All I had was the drivers seat and no interior. I told him I was on my way to the Audio shop to get the doors cut. He laughed and gave me a warning. Said to be careful and keep it slow. I was rolling!

ok ok dont go overboard here... lol ill start bby offering 50K :)
and, depends on what lotto i won lol

Storm

Update

Carpet came in today, sub box comes tomorrow. It's been raining all day and cold so I had to bring it into the kitchen. Garage was too cold to let it relax and form itself. I went ahead and did the chalk marks like the instructions said (didn't do it on the previous carpet I had DOH). Tomorrow is suppose to be free of rain and semi warm so I'll be putting it in.

----- PHOTOS -----

ed_064.jpg

ed_065.jpg

ed_066.jpg

ed_067.jpg

ed_068.jpg

ed_069.jpg

ed_070.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Lookin good. and you'll be very happy with it when you are done.

Storm

Update

Carpet has been cut and set, amps installed with power, RCA cables and remote wire ran. Cross overs set and installed, speakers hooked to the amps. Tomorrow I will finish the final touches, put the box in and test the system. Then the fun part of fighting with the rear seat without crushing my amps. Oh and a MAJOR clean of the carpet. Black sure attracts a LOT of crap. DOH.

Yes it was cold as hell today. About 40 or so and I worked all day in it lol.

----- PHOTOS -----

ed_071.jpg

ed_072.jpg

ed_073.jpg

ed_074.jpg

ed_075.jpg

ed_076.jpg

ed_077.jpg

ed_078.jpg

ed_079.jpg

ed_080.jpg

ed_081.jpg

ed_082.jpg

ed_083.jpg

ed_084.jpg

Storm

AND IT'S DONE!

All I can say is this... I will NEVER do this again.. With that said, I'm am so freaking excited! OMG. It came out way better then I ever dreamed or imagined. The sound turned up, bass hitting hard, doors closed, sounds like a really retarded factory stereo that someone is trying to pimp. Open the door and you get flooded with the base. Oh and now that I use an Ipod instead of CD's, I'm in heaven. Putting the seats in where tricky but I made it happen. The most difficult part was the transfer case lever. I had to cut quite a bit of carpet out because I couldn't get it to mount. Other then that I am totally pleased with it. The sound is utterly AMAZING. Oh and my cab is so much quieter even with stacks behind my head. I can actually talk on the phone or conversate with someone in the truck without having to scream. The sound deadening stuff was totally worth it.

If you want a badarse system, you can't go wrong with what I got! No doubt!

I have Huskey Liners in black on the way to replace my old gray ones. The black carpet is totally AWESOME. It'll look REAL good once I get the seats redone and the headliner in black. Then some clean up of all my panels and she'll be back to looking SEXY. I think the black/gray two tone inside is going to REALLY make it pop.

AND YES... I'm going FAST and the FURIOUS on you guys. I am really digging the layout so much that I am considering putting some red neons on the floorboard. I think at night it will REALLY look wicked with a half black/gray interior.

----- FINAL PHOTOS -----

ed_085.jpg

ed_086.jpg

ed_087.jpg

ed_088.jpg

ed_089.jpg

ed_090.jpg

ed_091.jpg

ed_092.jpg

ed_093.jpg

ed_094.jpg

ed_095.jpg