Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1949 F-5 Motorhome conversion

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Don't care for those '48 Chebbie taillights on a Ford, But it's got a Puick engine and GMC axles, so it's already a Frankenstein monster.

F One Fifty

Sometimes here. Really.
Now, guys .. I gotta tell ya. It wouldn't be much to put a 460 in there, providing a bell housing adaptor could be found... and probably could. But as I looked through the repetitious photos, I still saw a work of great craftsmanship. Did ya see what it went for? Over $12,000! Not too shabby.

I'd give both of the family jewels for that beautiful old bucket of memories. Druther have a 55 or 56, but what the hey, eh? I'm still drooling at the thought of having it and upgrading the whole nine yards, to newer suspension and some fix ups like they did to that bus on Overhaulin' for John Force, who is btw, an obvious box of rocks ... albeit a fast and wealthy one.

My panel... that was my camper special. I had it laid out with a raised floor in the back, with storage underneith. The bed had 4 inches of solid foam rubber and was carpet all the way to the ceiling, with up to 8 or more inches of foam insulation in the sides. We went camping with a bunch one time and I was the only one who slept in the next morning. Toasty as a bug in a rug. The dudes in the tents and campers all got up early to stand by the fire and shiver, it was so cold in their abodes.

Then she got stolen from me and trashed big time. I soooooo loved that old truck, my dad had left me when he died of cancer. It was his baby, then I put a 292 in it after I wore out the 223 and then drove it another couple hundred thousand before I finally had to nearly give it away.

She may have drove like a tank, but man... what status!

OK...yeah.. I'd love to have a modern mobile beast, but man...are we talking spendy! For 12 grand, ya even got an old conversation piece. LOL!

Beautifully said. whoever did the cabinetry in that bus had an awesome attention to detail!
I really miss the old panel trucks. I think that is why I preferred the styling of the Econolines of the late 70s-90s. Get the engine out in front. at least they officially have a "hood", lol.
Back when I was younger, I owned an older bus. Got it from my grandfather. He started converting it; I finished it. Made three trips in it and sold it off, since I was moving out of state and didn't want to make multiple trips.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
That definitely has the cool factor, it's just classy with so much character. Sure you can buy a new RV with way better options and all that but it just isn't the same. The very same reason I love older vehicles.. they have character. They have their quirks and little problems but that's the main reason I love em'!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I alway wanted to built some thing like that . When was kid I had a book of conversion of busses trucks . they r cool..

Ford Truck Articles