Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Transfer question

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Sorry, haven't been on for a couple days. If you still need it, PM me and we'll talk. :)

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Well installed the new tcase today. Truck is up and going again. I still need to replace the cv joint in the front drive shaft. I installed the drive shaft anyway. All of the guts are worn out. The previous owner had to have put alot of miles on it with the hubs locked. I have never seen the guts worn out like this. The bone yard wants $100 for one. It can wait untill my money is better.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
We wasn't supose to get into anything like that. I should have taken the bronco. It took a 200hp john deer tractor to pull me out. The transfer case got broken while we was pulling it out. After I install another transfer case I will add a skid plate.

You met my son by any chance? Sounds like something he would have done. Correction- "did." In his case, it was in the snow, and he bent the cross-member back onto the driveline getting winched out. They didn't know it was high-centered on a big-azz stump. That, in turn, severed the driveline when the crossmember acted like a pipe cutter.

Advice from the "been there, done that" crowd. Do the skid plate, but forget about the lift and bigger tires. Also forget about taking the good truck into the mud- that chitt gets stoopidly expensive. Which you already know.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts