Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Main cap bolts

Michigan
Hey all. I got my motor a couple of days ago and im trying to get this thing together. Well i got the motor out of the truck and out of the crate, cleaned everything up, bought a new oil screen pickup tube and mounted it to the new oil pump, went to go put it in, and it doesnt have the main bolt that has the stud and a nut so i can mount the bracket from the pickup tube to it!!!

So i got a little frustrated and called up my buddy cause he has some old ford 302's laying around. So i got one of those last night, went to go put it in today and obviously the bolts to a 351w and a 302 are way different. 351 has alot bigger main bearing bolts...

So the question is... Where do find one of these bolts without taking another motor out of a truck and stuff like that? :hammer:

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Try a machine-shop/engine assembly place. You could also try complaining to where you got the engine in the first place.. smilietease

Michigan
eeee looking for a bolt soon and if i do get them to send me a bolt who knows how long its gonna take.... Plus the motor is just sitting on the floor in the crate and i need to get that thing in there. Cant without the oil pan on. So i need a bolt now. Any idears where to get one?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Call your local Ford dealer. They probably have it, or can get it quick.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
D6TZ6345A .. Stud / 1/2" -13 X 3/8" -16 X 4 11/16"

Fits 1981/96 Bronco & F150/350 w/a 351W and 1966/76 F100/250's w/a 360 FE engine. D6TZ-6345-A replaced C6TZ-6345-A.

The main cap bolts (C1AE-6345-B) are the same: 1969/96 351W and all FE engines including 427's.

The stud is still available from Ford, but no dealer in the US stocks it.

MSRP: $13.57 / FTFpartsguy.com price: $9.77. Comes in a package of one.

Just in case Ford backorders it, I searched the internet and: AAA Obsolete Parts in Howe TX has ONE: 903-546-0024.

That's it...no one else has it.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts