Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

bought me a super duty

well i bee wantin a powerstroke since i first drove one!! well cant afford to buy one here so next best thing is to build the truck i want. so a feew months ago i bought this for a donor;
15262562_1X.jpg

and had it pulled apart in california to be sent to Aus for parts, anyways long story short, got a few parts to convert a 2wd one to 4x4 and make something i want, so i bought this today;
3c88a942de3ed41b27a5c853d692cf2c.jpg

bc37feec5c66b8b2eab551b7288f6a9a.jpg

4a0deb2e17b1db725251b43333e1b24f.jpg

it a 7.3 powerstroke, auto and a xlt. chassis been lengthened for the ambo back so wont fit a tub, will have to do something about that. Anyways, will keep you posted.

Some of those Ford ambulances here come with jake brakes. I always thought that would be nice to have on my E350 for all the around town driving I do.
The one that took me to the emergency room when I broke my leg had. You couldn't hear it like the ones on semi's.

Looks like a good idea Andy - could you extend the tub you have into a 10 foot long one ? ....... i know it would be a lot of work but how about using the ambo cab to make the crew cab you brought in rhd then you might find the c/c body and box would match the longer ambo chassis.

Some of those Ford ambulances here come with jake brakes. I always thought that would be nice to have on my E350 for all the around town driving I do.
The one that took me to the emergency room when I broke my leg had. You couldn't hear it like the ones on semi's.

not sure about our Aussie ones? have to check it out. would that work with an auto?

Looks like a good idea Andy - could you extend the tub you have into a 10 foot long one ? ....... i know it would be a lot of work but how about using the ambo cab to make the crew cab you brought in rhd then you might find the c/c body and box would match the longer ambo chassis.

The ambo chassis is wrong length all around, wont fit c/c short bed or even ex cab long bed. I got all sorts of different ideas running around my head at moment but think i will just shorten it for single cab long bed.

well, original sale fell thru, so i went on the internet hunt and bought another;
2002 F350, same as other truck but little later, and f350;
32912201F.jpg

32912202F.jpg

32912203F.jpg

was quite cheaper than original ambo, around same mileage and F350 not 250. Being picked up early next week so will add more pics when i can

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Its weird seeing a superduty with the steering wheel on the wrong side :p

Bit of a update, had truck picked up from auction place by a car carrier I have used before. Since then he has gone missing, hasn't answered phone for 2 weeks, has been in Tasmania but without my truck, I have rang, texted, left voice MSGs everything but no reply. Not sure what to do? Calling police is next step?

Sh*t Andy call the cops now mate that sounds pretty fishy...... with all the coin you have tied up in that truck your car carrier bloke will understand you calling them if he has a valid excuse for not delivering your truck and/or not answering your calls.
Another idea could be to get someone from the mainland to ph him on your behalf so he doesn't recognize the ph number - hell i'll do it for you if you want.

Did some more digging yesterday, seems he got someone else to pick the truck up, i got there contact details and called them. They still have the truck in they're yard in Sydney...
Was a really nice guy so I have organised to meet them in Melbourne with the truck. Was a real relief to know where the truck is even though its not where it's supposed to be at all.

Thats great news Andy - glad it's all worked out ok ...... just as an aside how long does it take to get home on the ferry for you.

Andy, I just checked my photo B and They did change their lay out.
The codes that you want to copy and paste (img) are to the right of the picture once you've clicked on the picture.

Ford Truck Articles