Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > FTF Mustang Club

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
2002 Mustang Clutch Woes

Hey guys,

Anyone have much experience with repairing manual transmissions?

I've had this transmission nagging me for the last 2 years. It ebbs and flows between being bearable and unbearable, but is never "just working."

A couple years ago I had a new clutch put in, and had the flywheel surfaced, and a new throw out bearing put in.

Since then it didn't get totally right, it was gritty, and occasionally would stick on the floor. I got frustrated, took it back in, and he said he put some kind of "adjuster" in it, and also a new cable.

It felt good for a couple weeks before it returned to its same shenanigans. The current symptoms are a gritty feeling while pushing in the clutch, a clutch that occasionally sticks on the floor, and has times where it's so difficult to push that I can't get it on the floor, and also times where it's smooth like it's working properly. Sometimes a good "pop" (stomp) on the pedal makes it work again.

Let me know what you think. I think it might still be the stupid clutch. But my knowledge is pretty limited with transmissions.

The last little thing that's been "off" for about 2 years (since the first job), was the when shifting into 5th, I get grinding on the gears on RPM's above about 2k. So when shifting into 5th I let the rev fall and carefully slide it into gear when it hits 2k.

Ryan