Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Banner, and Site Colors

Should the new banner and colors stay or go?

• Stay! I like it.

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Go! Sensory Overload

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Stay, but... (please explain)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Have a poll here. Everyone vote. Should it stay, or should it go?

a'course, you know how I voted.

Ryan

econo61

head pervert
okla
ya know, the banner WOULD look a whole lot better if it had an econo in it, but i guess SOME of us just swing the other way!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Looks nice, thanks Ryan!!!

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
why not do ford blue and silver since we are a Ford site lol. i like the classic italics it just took me a minute to pick up on why it works.

I think me likey! But, is there any way you can incorporate econo's avatar into it?:beer::nana:

03Explorer

Missouri Chapter member
Love the colors. The banner is the best banner yet. I think all the changes should stay. :WooHoo:

Thanks for all the hard work on the site. It looks Great!!! :thanks:

F One Fifty

Sometimes here. Really.
Ummm ... those aren't Ford Trucks, but I'll be first in saying I could be a little fanatical about owning a couple.

Ummm II ... the yellow could be changed to better accomodate the blue. Multiple blues would be much more user friendly.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I'm only getting a partial screen with 3 inches of blue on each side, is this normal? Or is my 17" wide screen too wide?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
no, it's not too wide. Many sites keep the number of pixels constant rather than making the site 'grow' to different resolutions. It's easier to develop, and we can keep everyone on the same page.

Ryan

econo61

head pervert
okla
hey bill, make sure your screen is set to 1024x768. i have a 17 and only have a small sliver on each side.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Honestly, if I had a bigger monitor, I'd use the bigger resolution (1280x1024 or 1600x1200). There's nothing wrong with having space on either side.

Ryan

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I guess it's starting to grow on me, wasn't too fond of it to begin with but know its ok.​

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Honestly, if I had a bigger monitor, I'd use the bigger resolution (1280x1024 or 1600x1200). There's nothing wrong with having space on either side.

Ryan

Whatever, but it looks weird, it's the only site I'm on that's this away. Kinda hard to squeeze shootin' irons into this space. My '92 Winny with a 30" OBBMCB looks like my SRC with a 15" barrel, and the 15" looks like a Deringer!

This is the only site I have ever seen that was set to a certain size rather than percentages. When I took web building classes this was a no no. They would not allow us to do this because the monitors and resolutions varied so much.

It is a lot easier to use percentages and center the banners (IMHO)

On a side note: Those with visual problems often get huge monitors. The text enlarges as the screen gets bigger. With a fixed size...that is not possible.

I have a cousin with a 31" monitor. Can you imagine what this would look like on it?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts