Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Windshield Washer Reservoir

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
How do you remove the pump in the windshield washer reservoir so it can be replaced?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Most generally, they are just pressed or clipped in to the reservoir. The reservoir has "ears" that secure the pump in. They have a nipple that fits into a grommet in the reservoir.

smilieIagreesmiliewhathesaidI have seen some that simply thread in, but most are attached with a spring clip and an o-ring setup... But it's been a long time since I have looked, so that may be on the "other" brand(s). Freightliner was a spring clip too...

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Most generally, they are just pressed or clipped in to the reservoir. The reservoir has "ears" that secure the pump in. They have a nipple that fits into a grommet in the reservoir.

How do I get it out without breaking the reservoir? I removed the round clip that was there.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
How do I get it out without breaking the reservoir? I removed the round clip that was there.

I got the answer on how to do this.I got the round clip out and sprayed some PB Blaster around the edges and let it soak and pull it straight out.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts