Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2009/2010 Escape

F150

easy
The little woman has an '08 with 17k on the clock. It's had the headlight switch replaced, an interior push pin failure (holds the inside plastic kickplate cover on). Now the big stuff. Tranny fluid leak near the cooler, replaced the whole condenser. ABS sensor ring on the left front. And a torn CV joint boot, replaced the whole half-shaft. All work was done under warranty with no hassles what so ever.
All told, she really likes this vehicle and plans on keeping it a long time, even though I'd much rather have a car. The ride is very ''truckish'', (think Ranger). My F150 rides much smoother and quieter on the highway, and only gets about 3.5 miles per gallon less.
Final analysis: she loves it, I tolerate it. This probably won't help sway your decision too much........:)

03Explorer

Missouri Chapter member
The little woman has an '08 with 17k on the clock. It's had the headlight switch replaced, an interior push pin failure (holds the inside plastic kickplate cover on). Now the big stuff. Tranny fluid leak near the cooler, replaced the whole condenser. ABS sensor ring on the left front. And a torn CV joint boot, replaced the whole half-shaft. All work was done under warranty with no hassles what so ever.
All told, she really likes this vehicle and plans on keeping it a long time, even though I'd much rather have a car. The ride is very ''truckish'', (think Ranger). My F150 rides much smoother and quieter on the highway, and only gets about 3.5 miles per gallon less.
Final analysis: she loves it, I tolerate it. This probably won't help sway your decision too much........:)

Thanks for the information. I have an Explorer that I have had nothing but problems with and I don't want to have a repeat. The hubby has always had Ford Trucks with no problem but I haven't been so lucky with my Explorer.

F150

easy
The brother-in-law has an '05 escape with over 75k miles and zero problems. He's changed the tires and brakes...... I guess try not to get one made on a Monday morning???

we just got new 2010 Escapes for work, and this thing is loaded. 1500 miles and not proublems with city driving all day. Alot more room than other Escapes. Would buy one for myself if I was looking for new rides...
just my 2 cents...

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
This is all good to hear, I have thought about picking up a cheap one as a DD when my mountaineer goes under the knife.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
This is all good to hear, I have thought about picking up a cheap one as a DD when my mountaineer goes under the knife.

Good luck with the "cheap" part. Escapes are worth gold around here- even with a ton of miles on them.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Good luck with the "cheap" part. Escapes are worth gold around here- even with a ton of miles on them.
I saw a couple for sale with under 150k miles for 3-4000. how about where you are?

I saw a couple for sale with under 150k miles for 3-4000. how about where you are?

An under $10,000 SUV that's any good is damned near impossible to find out here. I looked at a '02 Escape with about 80K on it, decent shape (not mint, but clean)... $12,000. And they sold it in two days.

Hey Josh, I smell a potential gold mine there..

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Hey Josh, I smell a potential gold mine there..

Not necessarily. A Mid-West rig is the kiss of death up here. One thing we're complete stranger's to is rust. If we see it, we know it's a "foreign" rig, and price it accordingly.

It's easier to send a West Coast rig to the Mid-West, and sell it for entirely too much money, than to go the other way around.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
'09 V6, 8,000 miles. Zero problems. Got 30 MPG between Des Moines and Chicago with AC on. Plenty of power.

Thats a pretty flat run . We get 22 MPG Here pn v6 4x4.

That being said Some of my family r on thier 4 th or 5 th escape . They like them . Other than they say MPG gets worse every new one they got . Guess first year with switch on dash for 4x4 was best . Here anyway.

I'm going to get one. Because wife likes them . If MPG was issue explorer would make more use sense.

Last edited:
08 Mariner

My wife has an 08 Mariner AWD Premier with about 32K. Runs great, no problems so far. There was a recall to fix a transcooler line issue. I think it will go places my Mountaineer can't. It gets pretty good gas mileage and turns on a dime. She really likes it.

Ford Truck Articles