Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

95 Ranger Will Turn but won't start

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Hey guys, been awhile. I've got a 95 Ranger, 5spd single cab 2WD, that will turn over, but won't start. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump. Checked all the fuses, they seem good to go. I have get a rolling push, Pop the clutch, and she will start.

Fuel pump gone bad?

There was not warning, this just started last week. And if you have any wiring and fuse diagrams, that would be great.

Thanks guys.

Doc

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
If it starts with a coast and popping the clutch it's not the fuel pump.
Just a totally wild guess here. They a tfi they have a run side and a start side I had one go bad on the run side it would start then die, guessing it could go the other way.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
TFI?
I've also had it die on me, sitting at a stop light, several times. But it always restarted.

Fellro

Staff member
Definitely not fuel pump, again due to the push start. It could be the module, don't remember if they had a start circuit separate from the regular run circuit on the TFI (Thin Film Ignition) module like they used to with older modules. If they do, it may be the issue.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Fuel pump was going bad, so I replaced that. Not I can't get the firing diagram right. Search on the net, I've found at least 3 different ones. Does anybody know? my truck in a inline 4 2.3L with 8 plugs.

Thanks

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts