Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1953 F100 $15k

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I think I'd like something like this.....not a high priority right now, but wifey is open to me having something like this someday as the dents will be passed down someday leaving me without a classic Ford pickup. So for you guys thinking I need a lifted truck (while I'm young, sort of, and very healthy to hop in and out of, I gravitate to the lifted dents) to compensate, think again!

Anyways....this one is almost perfect....it has aftermarket ac/heat, but it's a standard, so wifey probably won't drive it (not a big deal - if we went somewhere in it, we'd go together and I'd most likely drive, kinda how we drive the dents now), but other than that, this thing is pretty close to what I'd want. Not 100% sold on flat black, but it's growing on me the more I look at this truck....would like something I can wax and shine though, I think.

00P0P_fg9cIeuswJJ_600x450.jpg

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/4130857979.html

I actually think the price is right for this thing.....if we weren't in the middle of company cars, house renovations, new baby, among other things, I think I'd buy this rig.

Oh and the person that owns this house is truly A MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART!

CHECK OUT THOSE BAYS........If he has a truck like this, you know the other garage bays are filled with tons of other toys; a workshop; tool bay. Sweet.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Only one issue with this truck Ken......Its powered by Cheby....I personaly do not approve of cross breeding engines/transmissions..whatever it is...

Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Buddy of mine has a 53 Ford with a Windsor and a 5 speed that looks like that. Cool truck, for sure. I'm the same way, Buzz. I'd like to throw a BBF into a classic Vette just to piss in someone's cheerios.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I don't think the price for that thing is all that bad...not uncommon to see those things hit 30, 40, 50k. Not a fan of the drivetrain or flat black though.

Oh and the person that owns this house is truly A MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART!

CHECK OUT THOSE BAYS........If he has a truck like this, you know the other garage bays are filled with tons of other toys; a workshop; tool bay. Sweet.

That's all I'm looking for...whoda thunk it would be that difficult to find in central NC.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Only one issue with this truck Ken......Its powered by Cheby....I personaly do not approve of cross breeding engines/transmissions..whatever it is...

Crap...didn't even notice that.....I hear ya.

Not speed bump friendly. Need an app to guide you around speed bumps.

Haha....not a lot of speed bumps in Maine, but we do have frost heaves....but this thing would be a summer driver for sure so the heaves would be minimal and far and few in between.

Buddy of mine has a 53 Ford with a Windsor and a 5 speed that looks like that. Cool truck, for sure. I'm the same way, Buzz. I'd like to throw a BBF into a classic Vette just to piss in someone's cheerios.

Hahahahaha....that would be cool. Speaking of Vette's and mating...my uncle in law has a 32 Ford show truck with a modern day efi Vette engine in it.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
cool truck for sure Ken :) I agree 100% with you on the paint, I know mine's not that shiny (right now, lol!) nothing like polishing and waxing when you're OCD. Feels good! hahaha

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Nice truck, Ken. If he would have added 2 cu in to that engine, he could have had a FORD engine.

Weird to me that someone would restore a classic and not even use the same make for parts.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
That is satin black, not flat black. There is a difference. If you need a place to get rid of that chevy engine, I know a guy that has a few chevies :wasntme:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That is satin black, not flat black. There is a difference. If you need a place to get rid of that chevy engine, I know a guy that has a few chevies :wasntme:

Whatever it is, it isn't shiny.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
I like it a lot. Has a great look but I wouldn't drop 15k on it.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^still for sale.....man, I like this thing....wifey would never go for it right now, but would love to offer $10k and see if he'll come back at 11 or 12!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts