Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > Sports

Sports Football, Baseball, Chess, Underwater Basket Weaving, Hockey, NASCAR, etc.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:54 AM
OP of 1st PWT

5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute
Carter Motorsports w/Stones River Synthetics #91 Neon @ Nashville Fairgrounds

So the time has come I'm building my own car.

Got it with the help of a buddy at Whites towing in Murfreesboro, TN.

And before people start making Neon Jokes.. A Neon won the points title 2 years ago, and a Eclipse (basically a Neon drivetrain) is leading the points this year..

Car only has 127k miles on it.. Great starting point for what I'm going to do. Only downside is its currently an automatic.. But can apparently be made to be just as fast with a transfer gear change..

Anyways. Heres my starting pics.

Will begin on it this week some time..

And here is what scheme I'm going for.. Gonna have my graphic guy do my Stones River Synthetics logos done in all red.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2015, 09:27 PM
OP of 1st PWT

5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute
Day 1.. Started the teardown on it.. Still need to get the dash out of the car. But otherwise made a ton of progress

Old 07-06-2015, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
Cool... Keep us updated

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 07-06-2015, 09:56 PM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
Random question: How much money do you have to pour into something like this to be 'race ready'?

What are the rules of the class?

Ryan
Old 07-07-2015, 12:34 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Not to change the subject, but...........what's the story on the Jeep? What does teardown mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:51 AM
OP of 1st PWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Rattlecan View Post
Random question: How much money do you have to pour into something like this to be 'race ready'?

What are the rules of the class?

Ryan
This class at Nashville is Stock engine suspension everything. Just change the camber and toe, put a cage in and seat and some safety stuff and go.

Cost is dependent on how much you pay for the car. Alot of these cars you can get in for cheap. Several of the cars in the division have 1,000 to 1500 dollars in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Not to change the subject, but...........what's the story on the Jeep? What does teardown mean?

Tearing it down for insurance to verify their estimate.. Most of the time is GARBAGE and then we fight to fix it right. Lol..

Old 07-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0Flareside View Post
This class at Nashville is Stock engine suspension everything. Just change the camber and toe, put a cage in and seat and some safety stuff and go.

Cost is dependent on how much you pay for the car. Alot of these cars you can get in for cheap. Several of the cars in the division have 1,000 to 1500 dollars in them.

Tearing it down for insurance to verify their estimate.. Most of the time is GARBAGE and then we fight to fix it right. Lol..
Good luck with your new venture.(I forgot to say that earlier.) So what is the class number or race category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 07-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck, Chris!

Ryan
Old 07-07-2015, 06:42 PM
OP of 1st PWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Good luck with your new venture.(I forgot to say that earlier.) So what is the class number or race category?
"Front Runners" is the name of it..

It's all FWD 4cyl's.

It's the same division I currently sponsor 8 cars in lol..

Old 07-07-2015, 07:56 PM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
Thats a cool car for some rally racing!...

Whats up with that red jumper wire,someone try to hook up the
fan direct?

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....