Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Show Your IDI!

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
This forum is dead, let's get some more action in here...I'll start!

This is my 1989 F250 4wd 5 speed with a 7.3 that I got for a measely 600 bucks. Needed a little bit of work and still needs a replacement fuel pump as this one is wore slap out.

074.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

013.jpg

075.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
In it's better days of my ownership...

86_F250.jpg

What it look like more nowadays:

Truck_pics_069.jpg

It currently is hiding in the barn until I get time to figure out why it has lost power, then what has happened with the timing since a friend of mine was running it, thought the injection pump went bad, and swapped it with one from a 7.3. Problem is, it acts a tooth off on timing, even though I tore it all apart and verified it was right on by the marks... I am probably going to put my original cover and gear back on and see how that works out.

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
It has definitely done a lot of work. The wheels are available, they are 16.5 rims, so the tires have gotten harder to find, or expensive in the load capacity I need. The damage to the box is because of under rated 16.5 tires. I really liked them too, but the tire issue made me take them off.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
If you don't mind recaps, check out treadwright.com.......I'm wonderin if my buddy still has that set of wheels.....I'll be having a set of militaries in my possession before too long.

Fellro

Staff member
Not too keen on retreads. Might work ok for heavies, but when they come apart there, not nearly as much carnage... Had some in the past on my old man's 79, they all let go within a few miles of each other...

Fellro

Staff member
My other problem I was up against was finding one when I was on the road. If a tire were to go out, the spare gets used on the truck or trailer, then I need another, and they just aren't as easy to find. I actually went through 4 tires on one 500 mile trip, the trailer seems to have a habit of eating them sometimes.. never have figured it out, since it runs true and all, but it might help if I bought better tires... That trailer doesn't generally get run much though.

IDI's don't die, they just go to FTF and regroup!

ps-says my pics are too big to post,TWSS!
no, seriously if I send them to moderator or someebody, can they post? I only got 2 good ones, and hopefully everyone enjoys a good twss joke...

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
You can resize them to get them uploaded. Otherwise, you can put them on a site like Photobucket and just link to it.

hey, I put a couple pics in my gallery if ya wanna check'em out...

yah, thanks, too white for me tho, gave her a little paint job, some people might not care for it, but it's not always about looks with me, I'll might get some pics up later this week...

now presenting

Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Other than the wanna be two tone...I like that ride man...I wish mine had tan interior.

Aaron, no the shallow one if sitting in the backyard. I should sell it...One day.....

Ford Truck Articles